Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Knightbutton Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Violettebutton Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Onyxbutton Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Azulebutton Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Returning to Normalcy (Blue)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 am

He kissed the top of her head and Blue let out a long breath. A sigh as she relaxed a little bit in his arms. Enjoying the way it felt to be held. He had the uncanny way of taking her mind off almost anything just by holding her and loving her the way she wanted to be. The way she needed to be.

Then he opened his mouth.

Blue pulled back, shock registering on her face as she looked up at him unable to believe he was saying they should come more often. She hated to admit in a way that he was right. On one hand she never did visit only when she was forced to which was usually only when Neona was in town and that wasn't all that often because of her job. Because if Neona came and Niara didn't it would be bad and her mother might actually show up at HER house and that wouldn't be good. It was terribly hard to get rid of the Elven woman once she made herself at home.

Blue sighed, and rested her head against his shoulder again.

I would only come if you came.. and not alone. Did I ever.. tell you about Nathan's death?

Blue pulled back and turned walking a few steps away to her favorite flower. Her mother had hers and Neona's flowers planted in abundance, but Blue's favorites were always the Lilies. Simple, beautiful, and always lovely. She brushed her fingers over the tops of the petals gently.

He was awesome.. Nathan was everything my father wanted in a son. When he signed up for the military to fight in the wars, no man could be prouder than my father. Who was obviously in the wars himself. When news of his death came.. everyone was devestated. I was really young but.. I remember really well. My mother.. she just collapsed on the floor of the entry way, and my dad drug her into the bedroom. She didn't leave it for weeks. My dad.. he didn't talk, eat, sleep, he didn't acknowledge anyone or anything. It was like living with a ghost. Neona.. she left. Ran off. Gone. Months she was gone. Six, of them.

Blue turned to face him, her face was grave and saddened. It was not a story she ever told people, but it was time for Ethan to know how it had been for a very young and impressionable Blue.

So.. there I was.. all alone. In a house that was filled with grief and ghosts. Six months. I think that's when I changed. When I started staying in my room all the time creating. Inventing. It's when I made the first Albert, his prototype. He was my companion. I made my brother a dog before he left for the military, Rover. It's still in his room.. my parents didn't perk up until the day Neona came home. A werewolf.. but home, and things only then started to get back to normal. Six months... I don't want to seem childish, I know it may seem that way, holding onto something like that for so long but I.. I can't let it go.. I can't forget, how I was forgotten.. I know they hurt, I hurt.. but.. they hurt me more.. with their innactions. I don't know how to be close to them now... I just don't know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:30 am

Blue's reaction was expected, yet it was never easy to see that slight air of betrayal in her eyes. She was smart enough to know that Ethan never held back his words and he could be quite blunt with his suggestions. After a moment to let the thoughts sink in, she relaxed on his shoulder again.

I would only come if you came.. and not alone. Did I ever.. tell you about Nathan's death?

Of course I will come, until you feel comfortable going on your own and you want 'family time.' Don't look at me like that, it will happen. As for your brother, I have never heard the full story...I figured you would tell me when you felt comfortable.

It was at that time that Blue delivered the story of her family's schism once her brother died in the war. The tragic tale of a proud Elven family torn asunder by the perils and consequences of global, racial war. Her tale was sorrowful, yet also explained some of the distance between her and her parents as well as the beginnings of Albert. The endings of her story, however, was most distressing to Ethan.

I can't let it go.. I can't forget, how I was forgotten.. I know they hurt, I hurt.. but.. they hurt me more.. with their inaction. I don't know how to be close to them now... I just don't know...

Softly biting his lip, Ethan contemplated biting his tongue instead. Here his woman was pouring her heart out to him...releasing her deepest pain to him...and all he could think about was replying to how she was acting. Her parents were in their home, obviously trying to make things somewhat better...yet every second of this meeting, Blue was trying to get away and not face reality.

Blue. I'm so sorry that happened to you and I know you are the strong, amazing woman I love because of it...but, don't you think its time to work on moving on? Being a family again?

You don't have to know how to be close to them. You just have to try.

He pointed towards the house.

Those people in there are trying....so hard to be close to you...be a part of your life. You won't let them. All you're doing is trying to get away no matter what the cost. Act like an adult and try!

Ethan's world flashed as Blue slapped him, hard, across the face. Trying to step away with tears in her eyes, Ethan grabbed her wrist, keeping her close.

Don't run from me because you don't like what I have to say...especially when you know I'm right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Blue stared at him in horror. Tears running.. streaming down her cheeks as she watched him blur in image before her. Saying that she needed to grow up. To man up and try like an adult to be a family with them again. Saying they were trying, that she was the one that wasn't trying. And, he was right, now. But back then, back then when Blue was just as bereft as the rest of her family after losing Nathan.. she had been alone and Blue held scars from those months that had never healed.

She had never told a single soul.. until Ethan and now.. he was telling her to grow up.

Blue's lower lip quivered, and as much as she tried to get it to stop, it wouldn't. Ethan opened his mouth to stay more, and she slapped him. As hard as she could, which was relatively hard considering since they had met he had started training her in physical things so that she could at least get herself out of a hold or something should she be detained.

Blue didn't say anything, shook her head and turned to walk off. Only to have her hand grabbed and was told not to leave.

She just stood there for a moment. Looking at a fixed point over his shoulder, trying to find the strength not to shut his bio systems down so that she could leave. She had already snapped into them without thinking when he grabbed her, and it was taking every ounce of her strength not to shut his body temporarily down so he couldn't hold her in place any longer.

Let me go. she whispered, not looking at him, it was not a question but a very soft spoken, quivering voiced, demand.

When he did, her hand fell limply to her side. Blue's face was a mix between the strong woman he had met, the one that was constantly testing herself, her body, and her mind. The one that was smart, witty, funny, and stubborn as hell... and the young girl she must have been back then when her entire world fell apart and no one was there to pick up the pieces. Blue had held herself together, for months and now.. he was telling her to grow up.

Anguished eyes shifted to his. And then darted away because, looking at the man that was supposed to hold and comfort her.. listening to his harsh words.. made her insides throb with heartache she had thought long since burried.

Thanks for the wake up call, apparently I'm a terrible daughter. I better go in there and smile and laugh like the daughter they actually want and not the one that they got. I should put how I feel.. in the past, it doesn't matter anyway that was ages ago right? Time to grow up Blue.. or shall I start calling myself Niara. Or how about my fantastic middle name, yes that suits me even more. Lets do that. Perfect daughter, I can just transform into that. Lets go have tea, talk about marriage and all the babies we'll have and the big house we'll live in, and how they'll speak Elven and Common and every OTHER language in the world because they'll be insanely smart and insanely beautiful because THAT is what everyone wants, and we'll never abandon them when they need us the most and..

Blue stopped, unable to speak any further she turned her back to Ethan and burried her face in her hands. Her hair swinging forward to hide her. He wouldn't let her walk away but she was extremely hurt. Raw wounds had been torn open, she had told him everything.. and he had thrown salt into wounds that she had only shoved away and never actually healed from. Her shoulders shook as she sobbed quietly into her hands. She wanted to run, but she knew that wasn't the answer, but deep inside, she was tearing apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am

Ethan's vision was fuzzy for a moment, and his left ear was ringing. He almost smiled...Blue's slap was perfect. When he caught her wrist, she was quiet, yet demanding of her freedom. Ethan let her go, finally regaining his vision enough to know that he had hurt her. It wasn't his intention, but he knew Blue was sensitive...especially about her family and her past.

I...

She didn't let him speak, diving in to a rant about how she should just turn in to the perfect daughter and let it all just slide away. Ethan kept his tongue...knowing it was a poor thing to interrupt or discredit at the moment.

Thanks for the wake up call, apparently I'm a terrible daughter. I better go in there and smile and laugh like the daughter they actually want and not the one that they got. I should put how I feel.. in the past, it doesn't matter anyway that was ages ago right? Time to grow up Blue.. or shall I start calling myself Niara. Or how about my fantastic middle name, yes that suits me even more. Lets do that. Perfect daughter, I can just transform into that. Lets go have tea, talk about marriage and all the babies we'll have and the big house we'll live in, and how they'll speak Elven and Common and every OTHER language in the world because they'll be insanely smart and insanely beautiful because THAT is what everyone wants, and we'll never abandon them when they need us the most and..

That was the point she lost her true composure, turning and sobbing in to her hands away from him. Taking a moment, Ethan slowly walked up to her, slowly wrapping his arms around her, speaking softly.

First off, I never said that you're a terrible daughter, and I never told you to grow up or to become Niara. Its a beautiful name...but you and I know its not you.

Stepping around to face her, he softly pushed her hair out of her face, so he could look in to her eyes.

You don't need to be the perfect daughter...so stop trying to be. Your parents don't care...they really don't. I know that because I'm very good at reading people, that was like my job for a decade. Have you actually looked at your mom....really saw her?

I've never seen a woman so happy to see her daughter in my life.

Ethan kissed Blue's forehead softly, pulling her in for a soft hug.

Ellie is petrified she's not going to see you for months. She's completely clingy to you. As for your past, yes...you felt abandoned. From how you described it, you shut down and hid from the world, just like your mother did when your brother died. I'm not excusing their actions, but you two sound way similar, don't you think?

I'm not asking you to forget...I'm just asking you to forgive. Otherwise, who knows what's gonna happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 am

His arms wrapped around her from behind. She didn't turn, but she appreciated the thought as he told her that he didn't ask her to be the perfect daughter, or Niara. He was right that she was not Niara, she had not been Niara for a very long time. She supposed that was why she didn't like to go by the name because it just.. wasn't her. She felt weird but .. Blue fit her in ways that Niara never would. Her entire name was as if it was borrowed from someone else. Someone Elven, refined, and sweet. She was none of those things, she had a sweet side sometimes but she never saw herself as refined or even remotely Elven.

Ethan came over to the front and brushed her dark curls from her face causing her to look up. Eyes all swollen and red as he told her what to do. That her mother wouldn't be so clingy if she came around more often. They just wanted their daughter back they didn't care if she was perfect or not, they just wanted her back and it was time for Blue to give it a real shot.

Blue blinked and sniffled softly, as he wiped the tears from her cheeks. She stepped forward into his arms and snuggled into them deeply. She was as tall as he was and it made snuggling a lot easier than if she was short. Though there were times it sucked because if her heels were too high then he looked short when he wasn't. Just Blue had inherited a bit of the Elven height gene.

She didn't say anything for a little bit. She just let him hold her, feeling his fingers in her curls as she calmed herself down and thought over what he said. He was right. One part of her really wanted to be part of her family she just never felt like she fit in and it was probably more on her part than theirs.

I will try. Or rather, I will stop trying to shut them out all the time. I will... try to mend what was done and find a way to look past all that. But I'm going to have to have a talk with my mom, she has to meet me half way. I'm not Niara. It's my name but I don't .. it isn't me. You know that. You only use it in special occassions or to get under my skin, and those are the times it fits me the most, but the day to day girl here.. is just Blue.

Blue pulled back enough to look into Ethan's eyes. She knew that she couldn't go back into the house for a few minutes if her parents saw that she had been crying it would just bring on a billion more questions and she wasn't ready to answer them all today. Some stuff was just going to take time, that was just how it was.

Blue took his hand and lead him to a small bench where she sat down snuggling up to him as much as she could without being actually in his lap. Her head on his shoulder as she played with the callouses on the fingers of the hand she had claimed as her own for the time being.

You know when I get really sad.. do you know what memory I think about with us that always makes me smile.. it isn't one you would think of. she smiled softly. It was after that first night. When you knocked my door down, and stayed on my couch. That next morning when you stole my coffee and told me that there was no coffee for childish bitches.. I laugh every time I think of that. I was SO mad at the time... but.. I think that was actually when I started to like you. You had balls of steel putting new carpet and a new door on my expense account and then I made you go through a dump to find secret treasures..

She laughed softly and looked up at him. We have a lot of good memories, and I want to make a lot more of them. I know what I want in my future. Blue sighed and looked up at the thick tree canopy above them. Some were flowering, others were just brightly colored leaves.

We've been through a lot together. I really.. appreciate you helping me get through this.. my mother.. isn't going to leave you alone until there are two rings, a ceremony, and a promise for future babies. she chuckles softly looking over at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:34 am

Holding her in his arms, Ethan let Blue just relax and come about to being alright to continue. During the process, his hands began to softly play with her hair...like always. It wasn't even a conscience decision anymore it seemed...his hands simply found their place in his dark curls. She never seemed to mind, in fact, she said it was soothing...as weird as that was. Ethan swore, he would never truly understand women no matter how hard he tried.

Blue explained that she would try, but she would need to talk to her mother. She continued, explaining how her Elven name never really fit her and she had always, in some small way, just been Blue. This wasn't exactly news to Ethan, but he nodded, squeezing her in encouragement.

I know you can do it, and I will be there every step of the way...'til death.

He winked, knowing that you always reminded your partner on the most daring and dangerous missions. She smiled and took him a small bench hidden in the gardens and told him one of her favorite memories. Blue was right, it wasn't what he expected. She talked of the good memories in the past...and how she knew what she wanted. He smiled back at her, softly rubbing her hands with his thumb as she played with his hand in her own.

We will have many more, if I have anything to say about it. As for what your mother wants...anything is possible.

He leaned in to her and kissed her slowly, lovingly. Feeling her reciprocate, Ethan relaxed for just a second, and heard a distinctive twig snap. He froze, instinctively reaching for his pistol on his ankle, slowly unholstering the weapon as he shushed her.

We're being watched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm

He kissed her, she felt better for the first time in a while. She leaned into him, and felt his fingers running through the large soft curls on the back of her head. He knew that it calmed her down, and he knew that it among a few other things they were her weaknesses. He stiffened and pulled back. His hand went straight to his pistol and her heart skipped a beat as she tilted her head to the side letting her over sensitive hearing take presidence for a moment so that she could hear what he heard, beside the twig snapping under the weight.

She smiled, resting her hand on his pistol hand.

Eavesdropping is not ladylike! Blue called with a grin on her face and sure enough a few moments later a blushing slightly scolded Ellie came around the bend brushing her dark hair off her shoulders.

Ethan, would you mind, giving my daughter and I a few minutes. Nate is in the house, and I think he'd like to show you something anyway..

Blue nodded at Ethan as if to tell him that she would be all right if he went. She would be okay with her mother while he went inside for a few moments. She waited until he left and then her eyes turned onto her mother. Ellie sat down elegantly, as she did in all things in life, on the bench next to Blue.

Niara... she started.

Mom... Mother.. I just.. I'm sorry I've been such a total bitch lately I just..

Niara!

Blue pursed her lips. Poor use of language.. but, the point of the matter is.. could you.. could you not call me Niara.. I mean.. special occassions.. weddings or whatever is fine but.. mom.. I've been Blue for years. I know you don't like that name but that's who I am. If we .. want to start over.. and try to .. be.. a .. team or whatever.. that's the first step.

Ellie went quiet for a few moments and stared at her hands. Blue could tell that she was not exactly thrilled with the request but she was taking it into consideration at least.

I picked you girls' names out. Took me my entire pregnancy and you go and change it into a color of all things. Not just a simpler human flower like a Rose or a Lily, but a color... I don't know why you feel that .. a color is more you than your actual name but if it.. means that much to you, I will try. I can't promise I won't slip up but I ...

Blue cut her off without knowing at first by just hugging her mother. Something she hadn't done for a very long time. It was only a few moments before Ellie's arms encircled her daughter and she hugged her closer.

**Inside**

Nate, indeed was waiting for Ethan, leaning against the door waiting. When the man entered the house the older man motioned for him to follow. They walked back towards the living and dining area and to the tiny hallway that seperated the kitchen from the rest of the house. In between there was the small room they had passed earlier. Nate opened it, and inside was an entire room dedicated to their children. Pictures, trophies, ribbons, awards... Nate's was small. Some military medals and pictures. Neona's was quite moderate in size with all her diplomacy things and her smarts, but Niara by far dominated the entire room.

She doesn't much know about this room. We keep it closed a lot. Blue has.. never been real big on attention, I'm sure you know that. But.. when she started to earn awards even at such a young age, her first one at five, she never really wanted them. She smiled, took pictures, and more often than not forgot the award. We always went back and got it though, mostly Ellie. She was so proud. Even though Blue is the most UnElven like daughter, she was proud in her own ways of all the accomplishments of our daughter. Even now, she's like that. Awards discarded in boxes in her lab, or in stacks of papers under her desk.. but.. we keep the ones we can...

He turned to face Ethan again, and sighed. You make her happy, that much is evident on her face. She brought you here, which.. says more than I think I can put into words. We did some things wrong by Blue, by .. all our kids at one point or another but Blue was very impressionable and.. it hit her harder than we thought. It isn't an excuse, I'm just.. talking I guess. What are your intentions with Blue, without the ears of our female companions around?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:39 am

Feeling her fingers brush his hand, Ethan let his reaction slow, preventing him from reacting...and pointing a pistol in Ellie's face. As Blue smiled and slightly scolded her mother, Ethan refastened his pistol in its holster. Blue's mother appeared and seemed more embarrassed about being caught than being unladylike.

Ethan, would you mind, giving my daughter and I a few minutes. Nate is in the house, and I think he'd like to show you something anyway...

Raising an eyebrow at Blue, she nodded, acknowledging that she would be alright with him leaving. Standing up from the bench, Ethan straightened his clothes and walked towards the home. By the time he reached the door to the back of the home he had brushed himself off of the garden's deposits.

**Inside**

Without a word, Ethan followed Nathan in to a small room filled with achievements and accolades. Blue easily dominated the room. Science, Mathematics, Engineering Awards from all aspects and levels of academia. Her father explained that Ellie, Blue's mother, was so proud of her...even though this room was seldom displayed. He further went on to try to explain himself about Blue's past, even chastising himself as he gave the excuse. Finally, Nathan got to the brass tax on the issue.

What are your intentions with Blue, without the ears of our female companions around?

Ethan turned to face the man, taking his eyes off a picture of a very young Blue and Neona at some sort of school function. The older man looked intent, the stare that met Ethan's eyes looked familiar even, nostalgic. It was like that of a superior officer in the military, demanding an answer. Making sure not to smile, Ethan met the look. He had researched Nathan Tiran from his original mission with Blue, and Ethan had outranked him by a lot. Military rank never did matter when someone's daughter was on the line...and they both knew it.

Did you ever hear the stories about the Paladin regiments of cybernetic soldiers? The Cloak, Fist, Sword, and Shield Battalions?

Nathan nodded, looking mildly confused. It seemed the man didn't see where Ethan was going with this, but he soon would.

They used to pair up, and the buddies would swear an oath to protect one another...

...'til death. Yeah, we all heard the stories about the cybernetic 'oaths' and 'wives.' A bunch of...

...truth. I served in Cloak and Sword battalions. I've shared my oath with Blue.

The look on Nathan's face said it all: complete comprehension. Rumors spread easy, but the man had been confronted with the truth, and when rumors became truth, people began to believe. In that, Nathan Tiran began to see Ethan Kelly in a different light. Ethan just hoped it was a good one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 am

Blue pulled back from the hug.

Leaning into the bench, her eyes drifted up towards the canopy. She felt that she had made a really big step by telling her mother that she didn't want to be called Niara, not all the time. Sometimes was okay but it wasn't her name, not anymore, she felt like she had discarded that name a long time ago but it wasn't until she was living on her own that she found the name that really belonged to her because of someone else.

Your father says I'm too nosey.

Ellie broke the silence and Blue smiled. You are. But, part of that is my fault. Ethan says I'm being childish and by not visiting you I have to get the Elven Inquisition when I do...

He's a smart man. A good man. You deserve a good man, Blue.

Blue smiled brightly, hearing her mother actually use the name Blue made her happier than she could admit at the moment. I got real lucky. I guess my smarts finally got me somewhere.

Ellie scoffed. Your intelligence and abilities have opened a million doors in your life. I never thought they would open love, but I'm definitely glad that they did.

Blue looked over at her mother and smiled giving a nod. Me too.

What.. were you thinking about.. wedding dress wise.. for the future.. of course not like.. tomorrow.

Ethan, says he likes the way I look in white so.. I'm going to go with that. Maybe a .. colored sash around the waist or something. Annd.. and lilies in .. in my bouqet.

Ellie breathed a sigh of relief. Horror dreams of Blue married in black or some other terrible color had filled her mind for years if she even FOUND someone to marry. But white.. white was perfect and if it was in a garden all the better. Of course. Blue had a perfect place in mind, the place that Ethan and Blue had decided to be a couple. The place by the riverboat that she adored so much.

Lilies huh? I can work with that. I'll grow some pretty ones for you. Maybe a touch of blue in their center?

Blue looked at her mother with surprise in her eyes. I'd like that a lot.

Ellie smiled. Lets go find our men. What about dinner. Us and them, a nice restaurant.

Sure...

I have some dresses you can borrow.

Blue rolled her eyes, of course her mother did. As they stepped into the house, Ellie called out. Nathan! We're going to go out for dinner all together! Can you borrow Ethan a jacket while I get Nia... Blue ready?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Nathan stared at Ethan for a moment, letting what the man had said sink in. The rumors about the Paladin regiments were true, and this man, Ethan Kelly, had been one of them! That, and he was dating Nathan's daughter! It had been rumored that the various Battalions of the regiment were designated to do jobs no other human army could do, or would ever want to, ever. They made suicidal missions survivable and had slews of rumors surrounding their jobs.

So...can I ask...

There really isn't much I can say. What I told you already, isn't really allowed.

Nathan nodded at Ethan as the man reached across to shake hands. The two men shook hands, sharing something that only the strong handshake could pass between them.

Nathan! We're going to go out for dinner all together! Can you borrow Ethan a jacket while I get Nia... Blue ready?

The two men looked at one another, confusion flashing over both faces.

Did she just use Blu...

...out to dinner together?

The duo walked out of the trophy room as the two women walked past, going to someplace to get ready. Ethan looked at Nathan.

I have a place right down the road, I can get proper clothing for a formal dinner.

Ethan casually walked to the car and jumped in, taking off. He had a small safehouse in this district. When he arrived, he disarmed the security system and jumped in the shower before changing. Figuring typical women, Ethan figured he had about a half hour to get back.

Computer. Identify.

The home quickly authenticated him, and he made reservations electronically under a well known alias whilst scrubbing down. As he left the shower, he dried off, deciding on a pinstripe grey suit.

Blue will love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:04 am

Blue tried to glance at Ethan as she was paraded past the door he was in and deeper into the house where her mother bipased the room that had once been hers and moved to her own room. The large suite was lovely and very elven in every way, Niara was thicker than her mother, but she knew that her mother bought dresses for both her daughters from time to time even if Blue never took them home, wore them, or even really looked at them, she was certain they would still be there.

Sit down, I have to do your hair first. Ellie offered pulling a chair out from the vanity.

My.. hair? Blue squeaked. She knew how much Ethan liked her curls down and the easy ability to reach over and run his hands through them But, she knew her mother, and it was going to go up, at least partially

Yes, your hair.

Blue sat down. This better earn me a million brownie points with my Mother. she thought as she closed her eyes and let her mother set to work with all the tiny combs and clips and irons and whatever else she had in her vanity which apparently held a lot more than it seemed that it would. Her father came in momentarily to murmur about lovely ladies and grab his dinner jacket before heading back out.

Not before mentioning that Ethan had bailed to get a suit. Ass.... she was going to get him SO back later for leaving her at the mercy of her Elven mother.

Her head hurt by the time her mother was done with her hair. Then she was turned around and make up was applied to Blue's face for the first time in ... ever. Blue never work make up not even to schmooze the guests at her fundraiser and the like. But her mother was painting her up but only using the natural extracts from plants and flowers that were around. She then was spritzed in flower water, before she was told to stand and her mother carefully helped Blue remove all her clothing before she was asked to step into something that was lighter than air but long and flowing.

When Ethan returned, he would find that Blue had transformed into what Niara might actually look like. In fact, he might not recognize her at first with her back turned to him. Her hair was absolutely straight. Not a curl in sight, but small tiny flowers and crystals were woven in to several of the strands. Some of the hair was pulled back away from her face and held softly by a flower clasp on the side of her head. She looked thinner than ever, taller than ever, and paler than ever. She looked every bit the elf.

When she turned to face him after he came into the room, her eyes stood out most from everything else. Her mother had chosen a beautiful aquamarine colored dress that barely brushed the floor with it's length, and swayed with every single movement Blue made. Her waist was cinched, her bust accentuated, and the locket that they had made together was doubled over so that it was actually shown. Heels were on her feet she stood tall, proud, and very un-Blue like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:52 am

Ethan quickly fixed himself up in the home he had just down the street. It wasn't really a home, more of a large condominium. Throwing on the pinstripe suit, Ethan checked himself out in the mirror. He looked great, even he had to admit it.

I hope I can impress Blue's parents with this. That, and the fancy Elven meal at an acclaimed restaurant.

Jumping in to the Tank, Ethan stated the vehicle and drove back quickly to Ellie and Nathans house. Carefully stepping out of the car, he took the familiar steps up towards the front door of the home. It was like he was going to some awkward prom, albeit much fancier and without the worry of bad food and corny music.

Quietly, Ethan opened the door, entering the home. Walking casually to the sitting room where he and Blue had chatting with Ellie and Nathan previously, Ethan sat and crossed his legs, waiting for the group. Nathan quickly joined him, and the two of them began chatting as men normally while waiting for their women.

You clean up nice son, now where did you get those clothes so fast.

After the Enlightenment, I got a job as a private corporate asset for a major corporation. One of things it allowed me was the purchase of a couple of safehouses...one is literally down the street. It works in my favor.

Ellie ducked her head in to the room and looked them over, smiling with happiness. She's ready for you, Ethan.

Ethan looked at Nate for a moment before rising and following Ellie in to a different room. All he could see was the aquamarine dress and Blue's straight, sexy back. He noted that her hair had been straightened, and as she turned to look at him, Ethan's mouth simply dropped.

Blue...El Lahrein deh menoir. Ethan didn't even realize he had spoken in Elven, but Ellie gasped and Blue turned a bright shade of red. It took him a moment to realize what he had said before covering his mouth.

I...I'm sorry, I didn't... Ellie simply started laughing as Ethan, now slowly adding rouge to his skin palette, walked up and touched Blue's face so softly...she looked so frail, so beautiful...

...so Elven.

You take my breath away, Niara. Though, to be fair, that name doesn't give you justice. No flower is this breathtaking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Blue heard Ethan enter, and for a moment she didn't turn around. She had never really been made up like this before, especially not before Ethan. Still, she took a deep breath and turned around. When she did the dress and hair moved softly around her, the flower petals from the flowers in her hair shivered delightfully and gently as she shifted herself to face him.

She nearly died from blood loss at his next words. All the blood in her body rushed to her face and her mother practically swooned. She was surprised they both weren't trussed up into some sort of impromptu Elven handfasting ceremony or something after those words escaped his lips.

Blue smiled softly, running her hands down the front of her dress. She always felt weird in dresses as if she wasn't wearing enough clothing and as if she wasn't even clothed at all even though she knew she was. She could feel the swish of the fabric against her legs here and there.

Don't appologize for your words, Ethan, I'll give you two a few moments.

Ellie left the room and closed the door behind them, leaving them alone. Blue's eyes followed Ethan as he moved across the room to her. Standing eye to eye with her heels on she could only continue to blush as he brought his hand up and softly brushed over her face. Her lashes seemed to shimmer as she bashfully looked down and away, feeling as though she was ready for a prom or a wedding or something. She couldn't help but look back up though as he began to talk.

Calling her Niara. Which is exactly what her mother had turned her into. Blue smiled softly as he told her that no flower was a breathtaking as she was in this moment, and she nuzzled into his hand. Raising her slender calloused hand and softly linking it with his that was on her cheek.

I guess, I clean up well. she blushed. Hoping he didn't get spoiled because they both knew that this wasn't her, she was doing this for her mother. Because, normal Blue probably would have thrown the dress on the ground put on a pair of jeans and tossed her curls in a messy bun for dinner. She was doing this for ther mother, but the look on Ethan's face when he saw her made her feel more beautiful than she had ever felt in her entire life.

blue took a moment to look him over and her trademark smirk crossed her face for a moment. Apparently, so do you. I haven't seen you in a nice suit since we went to the fundraiser ball back in the first days we met.

She adjusted his collar gently with her fingers. Allowing them to glide on the soft sensitive skin of his neck and then her eyes hit back up to his for a moment. Leaning forward she kissed him. Tenderly, softly, and laced with every bit of love that she had for him. She might not feel herself but she was going to take advantage of his shocked state for the moment. The kiss broke.

I love you. Thank you for doing this with me today. I'm very lucky to have met you. Very grateful that you walked into my lab in that cocky way you have about you and... then.. into my heart. Blue blushed. Cleared her throat, and held her hand out for him.

Ready to go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:36 am

Don't apologize for your words, Ethan, I'll give you two a few moments.

Ellie left them to themselves, closing the door. Despite being in her presence for nearly a minute now, Ethan still couldn't believe his eyes. He softly held her face in his hand, careful not to smudge her make up. Blue...wearing make-up...unreal.

I guess, I clean up well. She blushed, and Ethan smiled.

You act surprised. You look ravishing without all the hair, the makeup, the well fitted dress... Ethan's voice wavered as he continued to look her over. In her true Elven form, Blue could be quite distracting. As I said, your beauty if beyond words.

She mentioned that he looked nice too as she played with his collar. When their eyes met again, they both leaned in for a kiss. The kiss was soft, passionate, and loving. In Ethan's opinion, it broke far too soon.

I love you. Thank you for doing this with me today. I'm very lucky to have met you. Very grateful that you walked into my lab in that cocky way you have about you and... then.. into my heart.

Ethan winked at her as she held out her hand and asked if he was ready to go. Softly taking it, Ethan pulled her in for another kiss, this one much longer as he let his hand feel the soft clothing of her dress on her back.

I am ready now. We have plenty of time though, our reservation for Ehl Erraine isn't until seven.

Ehl Erraine was the premium five-star Elven restaurant in Librium. Reservations had to be made months in advance, and the prices were truly five-star. The food was also mind-blowing, according to people who had been there and from the reviews. It helped when you had a very famous persona and a taste for Elven food.

The duo stepped out of the room, arm in arm, and met Blue's parents in the entryway. Ethan smiled and mouthed 'thank you' to Ellie, who replied in kind, looking over with love and pride at Niara. No matter who she fit better...tonight, she was truly Niara.

So, where should we go?

Ethan smiled at Ellie's question. Tonight, was his treat.

We have Ehl Erraine reservations in about an hour.

That would give them something to talk about for a bit, the thought brought back his character smirk. This was turning in to quite the fun night...it beat moving boxes around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:15 pm

He was shocked. She could tell. She was shocked when she saw herself in the mirror for the first time like this as well. The truth of the matter was this was the first time she had ever really let her mother dress her up without even the slightest protest and so her mother had gone completely overboard. Happy.. birthday, mothers day, Christmas, etc.. mom....

He kissed her again, holding her close. Blue found herself utterly lost in the soft passion of the kiss If this was how Ethan Kelly kissed her when she was all made up, she might have to contemplate doing it from time to time. Right now though, Blue was just enjoying the fact he didn't seem capable of getting enough of her. She loved the way his hand pressed into her lower back which was mostly bare because of the way the dress dropped low in the back. She loved the way his hand still cupped her face.

She felt.. precious, fragile.. delicate.

Three adjectives that she had never used to describe herself.

When the kiss broke it was Blue that wasn't ready to leave. Heavy desire sat behind those thick black lashes as she stared at him. Her lips slightly puffy from the kissing, and her chest heaving softly. For certainly, he had taken her breath away. She bit her lower lip as he told her he was ready to go. Saying that he had reservations at Ehl Erraine. Her brow rose.

Now, we both know that those are nearly impossible to get on short notice, so I'm curious. What magic did you work so that you could schmooze my parents tonight? she asked taking his arm.

They headed back into the living room where her mother and father were waiting with happy gloating smiles on their faces. Blue still didn't feel like herself, not like this.. not the way that Ethan was looking at her. She supposed.. he had turned her into a girl. She had never much cared what other people thought of her looks, or whether she was covered in grime, sweat, and grease. She had never worried much about her Twinkie habit (which.. truthfully didn't really worry her now either) , or the fact that her hands were rough like a mans because she used them all the time. But, Ethan had come along, and made her feel beautiful, desired, and loved. Now though, she wondered if this would make the normal Blue seem, lackluster.

Ehl Erraine?! Blue couldn't help but chuckle as her mother's eyes grew wider than she had ever seen them and then dashed over to her father. He took her there on their anniversary sometimes. But, it wasn't often, because it was expensive and very hard to get reservations for. Niara, have you been?

Blue shook her head.

Oh, well you'll love it. There's a beautiful dance floor with enchanted flowers for lights, and the entire building is grown, not one thing is inorganic, even the chopsticks are taken out of the trees they grow. It's like eating in a beautiful garden but better because you don't have to cook.

Blue smiled and took a seat on the edge of the couch not wanting to crush the flowers and what not her mother had woven through her hair. Secretly, she wondered how hard they were going to be to get out of her hair. Maybe that could be Ethan's job....

Ethan, tell us, where did you learn Elven. I'm dying to know, so many people can't speak it and you speak it really well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:04 am

Ellie seemed impressed at Ethan's choice of restaurant, and then proceeded to describe the restaurant in detail to the four of them. Thinking of it, Blue appeared to be the only one who hadn't been there, which was fine. It was a new Elven experience for a new Elven look. It seemed to suit the night just fine. As they began to depart, Ethan thought that he perhaps should've ordered a car. Softly shrugging his shoulders to himself, Ellie asked a question he wasn't prepared for that had an answer for which she may not be prepared.

Ethan, tell us, where did you learn Elven. I'm dying to know, so many people can't speak it and you speak it really well.

Ethan stopped and faced Ellie, whose face radiated curiosity. He caught a bit of tension from Blue where their arms were entwined, and saw Nathan grimace. They all knew a bit of what Ethan was...yet it seemed like Ellie was about to get a dose of knowledge.

Well, Ellie...the truth of it is that...I downloaded the knowledge and fluency. I was a soldier in the human armies during the war, and I have cybernetic implants that make me more than human. They taught me Elven so that I could speak and understand... Ethan cleared his throat.

...so I could communicate with the enemy.

Simply put, Ellie looked shocked. Blue softly squeezed Ethan's hand as her mother began to process what she had been told. It was moments like this that Ethan dreaded. He was trying to make a good impression, and the cybernetic soldiers of the human armies didn't have one. Ellie's words would set the mood for the entire evening, it seemed like the entire room waited for her to react.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 am

Blue's stomach hit rock bottom at her mother's question. She knew exactly why Ethan could speak it so well. He didn't use it often with her though, she figured because... it wasn't like she was really Elven anyway and she could understand the common tongue easily enough. Her hand squeezed his as he told her mother why exactly he spoke Elven so well. Ellie's face just seemed to drop. All emotion, other than shock, left her face as she stared at Ethan for a long moment.

Then at Blue, who was standing there proudly beside a man that had probably murdered tons of Elves, using their own culture and language against them. Then at her husband, who reminded her that not every solider had a choice. Not every solider was a horrible person.

It took a moment, before she came back to herself and cleared her throat in a very Blue-like way.

Well, I suppose there was some good that came of the knowledge then. We have a car big enough for all of us to fit, shall we?

Inside the garage was a large Tactical SUV. Blue's mother hated the thing, usually wouldn't ride in it preferring to walk or to take public transit when she could. But, her father was a solider at heart and when the armies had started getting rid of crap they upraded or didn't need anymore, he had bought the old vehicle and customized it over the years to be both tactical and domestic.

With Ethan's help, Blue got herself into the back seat pulling her hair over her shoulder. Now with it straightened the hair that normally hung all the way to her waist now hung past her hips. So if she didn't move it she would sit on it. Ethan was right beside her, and Blue softly lay her head on his shoulder. Running her hand up and down his arm gently comforting him and telling him that no matter what happened tonight she was right beside him. They had been through so much together she could not think of much that would tear them apart. She loved him so much, and she knew that he loved her.

I'm sure that Niara.. or .. Blue.. comes in handy when it seems you are cybernetic. I can only imagine that she is upgrading you constantly.

Blue blushed severely. Of course, Ethan didn't know but she had fully on cybernetic implant replacements ready for every single part of his body that was cybernetic, with massive upgrades and things that he would never DREAM of. That she doubted Paladin could even dream of. Which of course was probably why they wanted her so badly on their team. But, she didn't say anything about that, though she wasn't sure if her face gave it away or not.

I try to leave him alone, I don't want him to feel like my project. she admitted softly which was why she didn't tell him about the Vault, as she called it. But should he ever need a part, he was covered.

So have you taken Blue to meet your family yet, Ethan? Nathan asked as they headed out towards the restaurant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am

Ethan watched Ellie with intent, hoping she would see reason to like Ethan for who he was, not for his past. After taking accord with the various people in the room, she replied that there was some good to his knowledge. Directing people to the vehicle, Ethan let out the breath he hadn't been aware he was holding. Ethan Kelly knew true stress, yet that particular moment was stress filled like no other.

They all climbed in to a large SUV that looked like a modified ED-127 from the war. Knowing Blue, it probably was and it was upgraded beyond any person's imagination. She laid her head softly on his shoulder and began consolatory rubbing his arm. Ethan squeezed Blue's hand on his arm as they began driving towards downtown Librium and Ellie mentioned the luck of being with Blue considering his cybernetics.

I try to leave him alone, I don't want him to feel like my project. Blue said, blushing. There was something else, Ethan was sure of it, but he didn't press it.

The comments had made Ethan think, however. Upgrades, with a woman like Blue in his life, were an entire possibility now when they had never been before. The thought of being smarter, faster, stronger than before was a very addicting thought. Then again, he was going to be the Director of New Dawn Security, not its secret weapon. It was always nice to be more powerful.

The SUV left the Tiran's house and the vehicle rode deep in to Librium's heart, where Ethan led them to a small private parking garage where he was a member. Passing a keycard to Nathan to get the vehicle in, Ethan told him to find space 23-B, which was open for them to stop. As they did so, Nathan continued the conversation.

So have you taken Blue to meet your family yet, Ethan?

Blue got quiet and Ethan looked at the floor for a moment. They both knew why Blue hadn't met his family. It looked like another difficult topic would be broached tonight.

Well, no. They all died in the war, and I don't really like the idea of bringing her out to the wastes to their original grave sites.

The car got quiet again, thinking they hit a nerve, yet Ethan didn't mind.

Honestly, I don't really remember them. I lost a lot of my memories after the cybernetic surgeries. Its a sad thought, but I don't really know what I lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:13 am

Ahhh hell.

Parents could be soooo nosey. Silence fell over the car and Blue and Ethan tensed up looking at each other for a moment. Her face softened, and she touched his cheek with her hand gently. She loved him, so much, and she was not ashamed of anything about his past or present. She loved everything that he was, that he had, and that they might have in the future. That was all that was really important to her. Even her parents wouldn't be capable of dragging her away from him.

Ethan told the truth, and she squeezed his hand gently. Bringing it up to her lips, she kissed them softly, and then let the hand fall back to his lap. She was curious as to why he had a private parking area out here... it didn't really make any sense. She wondered if there was a safe house for him around here, or if there was something else on his mind. Who had memberships to parking garages?

We'll visit again, we don't have to go through Ethan's entire life tonight, guys. We can save some amazingly awkward conversations for the future, something to look forward to.

Blue's father laughed nervously as he parked the car which WAS tricked out in every way possible and got out to help his wife out of the car. Letting Ethan help Blue get out. Blue felt tired, it had been a very emotional day. Moving all their crap (mostly hers) back into the apartment. The excitement of getting to go home. The excitement of coming here, the fear that he was angry, the anger at her mother, and now all the questions and the big dinner out with the family.

Blue hadn't felt this exhausted since after her accident.

At the restaurant, Blue was in awe. She was delighted with the surroundings it was beautiful. Not as beautiful as her favorite place. The garden where Ethan and she decided to start a relationship. But, it had it's own beauty and for the first time in forever she felt like she actually belonged in a place like this. Which was really rare for her. They were shown immediatly to a beautiful private table in a room that was surrounded by trees, plants and gardens. Their own personal forest. Blue sat down in the chair Ethan pulled out for her and across from her mother.

Heels hurt. Blue wasn't sure her hips would ever get back to rocking heels again.

Niara, how is your recovery going?

Blue looked over at her mother, and smiled softly. The doctors have released me from their care. I work out every day, but there is nothing else that can be done by them. She took Ethan's hand gently. Ethan helps me with my stretches and things.

Ellie smiled warmly. As did Blue's father. I was thinking you should see an Elven doctor, they might know more about the way your body might heal and the like.

Blue shook her head. I'm done with doctors mom. I just want to get on with my life. I can walk, and I don't have much pain so .. I'm fairly happy with that.

I don't like the sound of you in pain.

Honey, it's like old war wounds. Sometimes, no matter how well you healed things still hurt. I'm sure Blue is doing just fine, she'd get help if she needed it. Blue smiled at her father for coming to her rescue on this one.

So Ethan, tell us, how in the hell did you snag my daughter? I'm sure her mother is dying to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:53 am

We'll visit again, we don't have to go through Ethan's entire life tonight, guys. We can save some amazingly awkward conversations for the future, something to look forward to.

Ethan raised an eyebrow at Blue. Really? he thought, that's exactly what I need: more of the awkward conversations to look forward to in my future.

They exited the vehicle and took the short walk to the restaurant. Ethan called the reservation under 'Ken Blankenship," an alias he actually never portrayed. Mr. Blankenship simply had a reputation and many friend whom he took care of, namely Ethan's other alias'.

It also helped when you were trying to impress your woman's parents.

Blue seemingly loved the restaurant; she looked every which way, trying to absorb it all. She had a near constant smile on her face as she took in the natural scenes, flora and fauna. That was enough for Ethan to consider the night to be a success. Anytime he could make Blue's day or make her smile, that was his everything. Knowing she would, hopefully, enjoy this night made it perfect in its own way. As requested, they were seated in a private area specifically designed for the restaurant's higher end clientele.

Blue's mother asked her about her injuries regarding the android attack, and Ethan decided to stay out of it. Frankly, he agreed with Ellie on the subject. An Elven doctor couldn't hurt. Despite his opinions, he knew he couldn't side with Ellie at this exact moment, it would only cement Blue in her position. Luckily, Nathan diverted the question. It seemed like he was practiced in getting Ellie to leave her poor daughters alone.

So Ethan, tell us, how in the hell did you snag my daughter? I'm sure her mother is dying to know.

Ethan felt Blue's hand on his own, knowing she was supporting him, no matter what he decided to tell her parents. He was determined to not lie to them, but that didn't mean that they needed to know everything right now.

Well, after I got shot in the dump, I was determined to have Blue be more able to protect herself. So, once I was cleared back to bodyguard duty. I took her to this little dojo I had rented, and we sparred for hours. She was determined to trip me up, and after a bit of both of competitive streaks showed, we were kissing on the mats. A few days after that, she took me to her favorite place, and we decided we wanted to be together, officially.

I think that's the big picture. Is there anything you wanna add baby?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Ethan told the true story of how they met. Both of them ending up on the floor kissing after working out hard at the dojo. Him finally figuring out that HE was causing her heart to trigger the alarm she had only just installed. She remembered it perfectly though. How mad she was, ripping the locket off and throwing it across the room at him. Telling him that if he couldn't trust her to do her job the right way then he was fired she didn't need him.

It wasn't long before they were making out on the floor of the dojo and it clicked in his mind that he was causing her heart to beat erratically. Blue smiled over at him warmly. She loved him, she was not put off by the fact that they hadn't liked each other first, but had slowly fallen for one another which for her, had created a bond that was that much more cemented.

How do you deal with her terrible and demanding schedule.

Blue decided to answer this one.

Actually, Ethan keeps me on the straight and narrow. she admitted. Her father's eyes grew wide, and flashed over to Ethan because no one had ever been able to get Blue to have any semblance of a normal schedule once she got lost in her own little world.

He makes aure I eat, and sleep. Makes me go home. And, makes sure I take my days off instead of working through them. I don't sleep at the lab anymore, and Ethan always brings me food because he knows that I forget.

That's... amazing. Ellie whispered. So you actually, go to your apartment to sleep now? You don't work every day?

Blue pursed her lips. Yes, and no. I have a small lab at home, for times I need to work not on the clock, and there are times we... compromise on big project times.. so.. there are times I'm like the old Blue, but it's not all the time and not often.

Well... hell.... I'm just shy of speechless.

Luckily they were saved by an elf coming up to the table and looking around at all of them. Trying not to show disdain for the fact that there were two humans at the table. Some Elves didn't like the bloodlines being diluted with the human blood and Blue was not obviously half elf tonight because of her mother's efforts and the fact that her not quite pointed ears were hidden. Blue accepted the menu and leaned over so that she and Ethan could share the one menu instead of having their own. Her dark straight hair brushed against his suit.

Our specials are on the back page. I regret to inform those party members of another race that we do not carry human dishes, it is a soley Elven establishment. The wines are on the inside front panel insert. My name is Verhairylynn and I will be your waiter during your stay here at Ehl Erraine. I shall return promptly for your orders. with that the waiter turned to leave.

Ass...

The waiter's back straighted. Niara!

It isn't my fault that he's a prejudice ass. That's his fault, I just call it like I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 am

The foursome chatted about the various things in their lives, and when it came for Ethan to tell the basic story of their relationship at its budding, Blue's parents seemed to like the story. They laughed as he talked about how they walked in to the dojo wanting to practically kill one another and walking out hand-in-hand.

Ellie asked about how they date with Blue's torturous schedule, and Blue came to Ethan's rescue. She explained how Ethan had fundamentally changed her and now she slept, ate, and relaxed liked a normal person...most of the time. Ellie's eyes were wide, and Nathan was near gaping at that. They seemed to be most surprised that she was sleeping in her own apartment now. It made Ethan wonder how long that apartment had remained unoccupied before he had come in to Blue's life.

The Elven waiter approached, and Ethan could already see the sneer on his face, firmly directed at Nathan and himself.

Oh, this will be fun.

Our specials are on the back page. I regret to inform those party members of another race that we do not carry human dishes, it is a solely Elven establishment. The wines are on the inside front panel insert. My name is Verhairylynn and I will be your waiter during your stay here at Ehl Erraine. I shall return promptly for your orders.

Ethan rose a single eyebrow at the waiter. Did the waiter know who's table this was?

Ass..

Ellie scolded Blue as she defended herself, Ethan squeezing her hand in affection. There were definitive moments where he loved her more than he originally believed...and this was one of the moments. Ethan placed his napkin on the table, politely excusing himself, quickly catching up with the waiter before he could actually leave the forested area of the table.

Excuse me, Ethan spoke perfect Elven to the waiter, who turned, looking astonished. Do you have any idea who I am, and who my party is? Let me be frank, have you ever heard of Mr. Blankenship? The waiter simply nodded. Ethan's alter ego Blankenship actually owned 15% of Ehl Erraine, the only human on the investors lists.

Well, my party and I were looking for a true Elven experience, courtesy of Mr. Blankenship. It seems we got one from an Elven buffoon during the war of Enlightenment. Next, I would prefer if you kept it civilized, like a cultured Elf of today could provide. Also, I expect you to speak in Elven...you do speak Elven, yes?

The waiter got irritated now, but a stern look from the manager seemingly put his cool on straight away. The haughty Elf, defeated, nodded his head and walked off. Ethan adjusted his jacket and calmly strode back to the table.

That should fix things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 am

Blue had grown up with people either accepting or not accepting who she was. Because of her mixed heritage it had made for an interesting childhood but frankly Blue didn't care that she was half Elf and half Human. It didn't bother her in the slightest. Because, she knew that her parents loved each other unconditionally they always had since they had met and that was all that was important to Blue. Because, that was the kind of love she wanted, and had luckily, found in Ethan. Sure, if they had children they would only be a quarter Elf, but, being Elven or not was not highly important to Blue.

Ethan rose and walked after the waiter before he could leave the room and began to talk. Blue's brows rose, when she heard the name Blankenship, she cross referrenced the name instantly in her mind and came up with a full but obviously fake history. It was a little too tidy. Who ever had made this was.. well.. not exactly perfect. But then, Blue had already been suspiscious of the name because Ethan was using it and assumed it was probably an alias he used when he had to.

But the question was.. why was he a share holder at Ehl Erraine?

When Ethan came to sit back down she texted him as only she could do.

~Why, curiously, would you have invested in Ehl Erraine? Somehow I doubt it was because we met, Mister Blakenship.~

Her eyes looked over at him with one brow risen as he read the text, or she supposed he would because his phone would go off. The perks of being with a technopath, nothing technological was sacred from someone like Blue.

Thank you, son. her father said drawing her attention back to the table as a whole and not Ethan and his ever evolving enigma.

You were in the war.. but ... you are with Niara, which means you're a fair bit older than her yes?

Mother, that is not important. It was the first time Ethan would hear fluent Elven come out of Blue's mouth, since they were all trying to speak it. Her father was not really into speaking Elven though he understood it perfectly. Blue never spoke it, and this would be the first time, Ethan would hear of such a thing. But it came easily off her tongue as it was her native language.

Well I know that honey, I was just curious. As a human, life span is only so long..

Actually, with his cybernetic upgrades that won't be an issue for some time.

Blue's mother nodded and looked over at Ethan as if still expecting him to answer the question that she had asked.. or .. pop out a ring and propose since apparently, he was.. getting old or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 am

Ethan's phone buzzed, and took the moment to look in his pocket, seeing Blue as the sender of the text. Looking mildly embarrassed, he looked at his table guests whilst pulling the phone from his jacket pocket.

I'm so sorry, work keeps trying to send me useless things. I don't start for another four days and they won't stop bothering me.

[Why, curiously, would you have invested in Ehl Erraine? Somehow I doubt it was because we met, Mister Blakenship.]

Trying not to smile at Blue's text, he replied with fingers that didn't seem to hit keys. Nathan softly whistled and Ethan smiled.

You should see me type, Ethan mused to himself.

[The investment of my cover IDs are for my knowledge only...you nosy woman. Razz If you must know, Ehl Erraine is my nest egg. That, and it means I don't have to wait for reservations. Mr. Blankenship owns portions of seven major fine dining establishments in Librium, and two in Bastion. If you must know.]

When Ellie and Blue discussed his age, all Ethan could do was stare at his beautiful date. Her voice was so melodic, so sensual when she spoke, it instantly caught his attention. After their chat about his age, Ellie looked expectantly at Ethan, expecting him to override her daughter on the discussion. Sighing softly whilst squeezing Blue's hand, Ethan decided to speak.

Elherial, I will simply say that when the Enlightenment threatened the world, I was Niara's age. I hope what she says is true about my implants. I would adore to see my children grow beyond my current years before I am returned to Terra.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Blue glared at him when he began to mention work was sending him things when he obviously wasn't ready and didn't start work for several days yet. Of course, Blue and he would be working close together as he would be the Director of Security and she would be well.. Head of the R&D department like always, though she went more on the Development side of things. Still, she had a feeling that even though she had worked her ass off to help him get this job he was going to be a nightmare to work with in this aspect.

[That... does not make sense to me. You own shares in an Elven restaurant, it doesn't seem like you go out that much except those lovely women you've had to schmooze in the old days... ]

The waiter came back saving Blue from having to have another talk with her mother about being too nosey in certain instances. He seemed to be more open minded or at least pretending that he was. He took out his little pad and everyone placed their orders. Though his eyes stayed mostly on Blue. Blue was completely oblivious though. Because, she never really considered herself the kind of girl that any man would go after. Except, Ethan, because, apparently he was strange.. So she didn't even notice the way that he stared at the Elven girl as she placed the order for her favorite Elven stew along with some sauteed vegetables and then for desert the eddible flowers with sugar droplets.

Would you like anything else? I'm sure I could get you some of the Elven wine we have on tap for.. a lesser price.

Blue looked up and thought for a moment. Oh, that would be lovely, do you have the one that is grown in the Elyria forest? The Menhyria Vortslie?

He smiled at her, warming up to her even more suddenly. Of course. I will return with it shortly.

Blue blinked as he turned and headed out, then she looked over at the table and shrugged. Seems the talk you had with him really changed his attitude, Ethan. she smiled warmly. Blue looked over at the dance floor, where there were a few couples moving on the dance floor but not nearly enough. Soft elven music played from a wooden instrument orchestra in the corner.

Lets go get a dance or two in. Before our food gets here, come on, it'll be fun. she said as she took his hand and got up hoping he would follow she didn't often get to dance with Ethan so she wanted to at every opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to Normalcy (Blue)   Returning to Normalcy (Blue) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning to Normalcy (Blue)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next