Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Knightbutton Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Violettebutton Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Onyxbutton Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Azulebutton Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Empty
PostSubject: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Blue stared at her visage in the mirror. It was so strange, still, to see herself all dressed up for something. At least she had talked her sister out of a skirt. Calling her sister to tell her about this date had been hard enough. It was humbling too, to have asked her sister for advice upon what to where for this date. Blue didn't have such experience. Neona had. Blue could barely remember the name of the guy that had hurt her sister in a way that Neo seemed slightly turned off by the thought of dating again. J-something maybe. But what mattered was that as busy as Neona was she had given time for her sisters frantic phone call today.

Brownie points.

This was as good as it was going to get though. Blue didn't want to try too hard and she had put feathers and beads in her thick black wavy hair her sister hadn't mentioned. But Blue had to add her own flare as well. The outfit was nice. Well fitted jeans, though she had not mentioned to her sister the hole over the knee but that was what made them Blue's. She wore a fitted tube top with studs, feathered earrings, and some great boots. All in all, nice but not too nice.

Casual, or so she hoped.

Picking up the satchel that she had promised to bring and her tool belt she looped them over her arm and headed out. Leaving Albert behind was a bit hard, she was so used to him going everywhere with her. But she just felt he didn't belong on the date. Besides, she had her backup tools in her pocket if she needed to fix something small or she could call for Albert to meet her where ever she was though it would take a little time.

The car she drove was more truck and tank than it was a car. The Volkswagon 181 was a car she had fallen in love with the second that she saw it. Powder blue in color, it had a fold back roof that she could use when she wanted to. It was a total badass of a car, and it was perfect for the kind of work that she did. Carrying grease and things everywhere she went. Getting into her car, she started the engine and began to drive herself over towards Jack's shop. Remembering what he had said from earlier.

Blue found it easily enough and parked herself by the curb before she sat there. Staring at the place. Was this really a good idea? She was totally putting herself on the line for this. She was finally putting herself out there and she wasn't sure how she felt about that. But at the same time she really wanted to find out what would happen. Who knew, it could very well turn out to be an amazing day. Who knew what they would turn into, if anything, or what they could become.

Grabbing her satchel and her tool belt she opened the car door and she locked the car by touching her fingers to the steering wheel. No one could steal it. She had better anti theft devices and tools in this car than most might in their home or safe. This car would go no where unless she was the one that took it there. Blue didn't bother to put the hood up it wasn't going to rain today anyway. Hoisting her bags over her shoulder, she walked over towards Jack's shop. The feathers in her hair blew softly in the gentle breeze, the beads were carefully places so they wouldn't clack together too much and she felt all in all that she looked pretty good. Blue didn't bother knocking. He had told her just to come on in so she did.

Looking around, she noticed that Jack wasn't in the front. Something he had told her was likely so she found a counter and put her satchel and tool belt on top with a heavy thump unsure if she needed to empty them or not she had brought them full. Hopefully, it would give him an idea of how much space she would need and then he could add a bit more.

Jack! I am here! she called out, not wanting to venture into the back rooms but she wanted to make sure that he knew she was here. Blue walked to one of the walls where bottles upon bottles were lined up there. She read the labels. Touching the little glass bottles there. She wondered at his science and the art of it all. He was gifted that much she knew for sure. She was curious about him, she wanted to know more about him and hopefully they would both learn about each other today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Jack did not have a vehicle, so it took him a little bit longer to get home. He also had to put his mushroom samples in a safe area where they wouldn't grow all over his shop. He had dumped all the glass bottles in the basement sink and told Prometheus to start scrubbing. The basement used a coal stove instead of the water heater, so Jack could take a shower upstairs without fidgeting with the temperature. The alchemist was secure enough in his masculinity to use a citrus scented body wash to purge the stank of the landfill. Citrus and tomatoes were the best counter agents to the worst smells.

Now that he was all squeaky clean, Jack went about the rest of his routine for a night out on the town. That mainly consisted of brushing his teeth and getting rid of the five o'clock shadow. He threw a glob of hair gel on and just went for a haywire look. Unlike Blue, Jack didn't care so much what he looked like. He was a guy.

He went into the closet and pulled out a dark blue button down shirt and some gray casual pants to go with it. He tied up the first pair of shoes he found. Of course, Jack made sure to put on his belt with all the pockets. He always had to have that around.

A car grumbled by outside. Jack thought nothing of it, since he lived on Main Street. Some noise was always passing by, although rarely was it a car. He peeked outside when the engine cut out.

"Nice jalopy."

Jack! I am here!

"Hello there," Jack's voice said but the alchemist was nowhere in sight. "Please take a look around and I will be with you shortly."

Archimedes then flapped off a bird perch and headed for the staircase across the showroom floor. Blue would then hear herself echoing from the top of the stairs, followed by the clop-clop of feet coming down. The basement door creaked open as Jack hit the bottom landing of his own staircase. A clay figure that only went up to Jack's chest shambled into view. Prometheus was carrying a dish towel over one shoulder. The homunculus gave a nod to Jack and then stood at attention.

"Hey," Jack said to Blue. "I see you found it ok. You'd be surprised how many people get lost on Main Street. Blue, this is Prometheus. Prometheus, say hello to Blue."

The clay man gave a wave and returned his attention to Jack.

"There's a leather bag behind you that needs polishing. Would you see to it, please?" Prometheus picked up the doctor's bag and took it over to a workstation. The homunculus began began moving various tools around and found a shoe polish tub.

"Anything catch your eye?" he asked, noticing Blue had gone browsing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am

Blue jumped at Jack's voice.

Caught! Being snoopy! That's a horrible thing. She spun. Her eyes scanned the building. Nothing. Her brows furrowed. How had his voice gottten up here then? And then she saw him, on the perch, the little mimic bird that he kept with him. A-something.. she couldn't actually remember his name, she was forever bad with them. But she did try, she had probably concentrated more on Jack than his bird today, once he had fully caught her attention.

I'll wait, then.

She heard her words repeated seconds later as the bird flew off as if to find Jack. She bit her lower lip as she waited. She heard steps coming down the stairs and she turned to find Jack dressed in a simple shirt and slacks. She gave a slight half smile at seeing him before her multi-hued eyes shifted to the creature that had come up from the basement. They were introduced formally.

Nice to meet you.

Jack came over closer to her and seemed to notice that she had been purusing his shelves asking if anything caught her eye. You.. She gave a slight nervous shrug of her shoulder and looked away. She was kind of out of her element here. In the dump, that was her place. She was at work, the place she was most confident. She knew work, inventions, creations, and spare parts like the back of her hand. But this was something different. Alone with a guy at his place. Alone with a guy on a date. Alone with a guy that might actually be interested in her.

She cleared those thoughts from her mind before she hyperventalated.

Oh! I umm.. I have brought my satchel and tool belt for you. You said you thought you may be able to enchant them for me. she motioned to where they sat on the counter where she had left them. She walked over to them, brushing past Jack just slightly and hoping that she smelled all right and that she was dressed properly for a date. She most certainly didn't dress like this often, in fact if HE ever came to HER work he would see a Blue that was very much like the woman he met in the dump.

I did not empty them, because I assumed you might need to see how much I fit in them on a daily basis. So I left them as is, but I could take the things out if you wished it to be so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Blue gave a slight nervous shrug of her shoulder and looked away.

{Did she just "Just looking"-ed me? Hmmph.}

Oh! I umm.. I have brought my satchel and tool belt for you. You said you thought you may be able to enchant them for me.

Jack followed the hand gesture to the counter with the gear. Just like what his pops used to come with. Of course, Pops' was always overflowing because he had somehow managed to reach the enchantment's limit. Jack had yet to get that bad. He said nothing when she brushed by. There was plenty of room to bypass him, but he wasn't going to pass up some close contact with the fairer sex.

Unless she was a pickpocket. Then the gloves would come off. But pickpockets didn't pick through other people's trash.

{Her ears are kinda pointy.....So that's why she seemed interested in the festival and wondered if I was ok with elves. She is and elf....right?}

Maybe she was a creamer elf, half and half. It did explain how she was able to gracefully flit around a mountain range of junk (aside from her minor slip up).

I did not empty them, because I assumed you might need to see how much I fit in them on a daily basis. So I left them as is, but I could take the things out if you wished it to be so.

"The space saving enchantment is very general. I think it just creates a magical pocket devoid of....Jeez us," Jack started as he lifted up the satchel. His hand bobbed up and down as he tried to gauge the weight. "Did you pack your entire work space in here? If I open this up, will I find a folding table?"

Jack was joking of course. Well, not really. One of his bags could hold a table, but that would have to be one of the hiking backpacks in the camping section. They were the only ones wide enough to get a small buffet table inside the opening.

"I am going to have to take everything out though. The enchantment won't hold if the bag isn't completely empty."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Blue blushed.

How could she not.

When he stopped talking to her in the middle of his sentence just because he picked up the satchel and the tool belt. Both were very heavy. Blue might look like a graceful elf, and she might be a lovely woman that could have a bit femininity to her. It didn't mean that she was incapable of being strong. She was very strong often man-handling things into the way that she needed them to be. She was more than met the eye.

Blue couldn't help but blush when he mentioned how heavy it was. She gave a slight shrug and shoved her hands into her jean pockets as she watched him looking over her bags and tool belt. She couldn't help but give a laugh that was probably too close to a giggle for comfort as she came over to stand beside him. She had sprayed a little bit of a lilac extract on herself just incase she had missed any grime from the dump though she was pretty sure after a few showers she hadn't missed any.

Actually no, but if I could get a table in there I probably would. These are just all my tools. I never know exactly what I am going to come across, or what I am going to need to do. I basically bring a travel lab with me.

She couldn't help but look up and over at him. It was a good thing to be able to really talk about her work with someone that didn't think because she knew how to put a car together in a couple hours on her own without any help meant she had grown a second head. he mentioned that she would need to empty them out so the enchantment would stick and she chuckled.

I'll need something to put it all in.

He left for a moment and came back with a bin. She began to open pockets and pulling out all her crap. Tool after tool shoved in every nook and cranny. There were bins of nails and screws, there were large tools and small tools. She pulled out all kinds of spare parts, a solder machine and materials, and all kinds of things that one probably couldn't even imagine she would need. But it was all necessary.

When she finally emptied her satchel she began on her tool belt which had an complete set of tools and other items that were filling all the pockets and hoops and loops that were on it. The tool belt wouldn't probably expand as much as the satchel, the satchel was the one she needed enchanted the most but this one could definatly use a bit more help too. By the time she was done, the crate was overflowing, and there was a seperate pile on the floor beside the crate before she lay both empty bags on the counter now.

Okay. There you go, work your magic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Actually no, but if I could get a table in there I probably would. These are just all my tools. I never know exactly what I am going to come across, or what I am going to need to do. I basically bring a travel lab with me.

"Heh. I can relate to that. Unfortunately, I can't make it so the bag will hold anything. It's got to be able to fit in without breaking the opening. I can do wonders with a body bag. No one will steal out of that."

I'll need something to put it all in.

"Oh sure." Jack looked around the mess and found a crate next to Prometheus. He wasn't using it, so Jack swiped it. He heard a constant thunk of random objects on the counter top. She must really have a lot of stuff. She might need another box.

Okay. There you go, work your magic.

Jack moved around behind the counter and drew up the bar stool he kept there. This job was going to be a bit more extensive then the doctor's bag from the dumpster, and the enchantments had to hold better. He pulled out what looked like a cutting board with runes instead of draining grooves. He lit a couple candles and placed a crystal ball on the altar like thing.

"I swear this is all necessary and I'm not about to sacrifice anything. I may not respond for a couple minutes, so don't think I'm ignoring you."

Jack then explored all the pockets and space holders for the satchel first. It had more pockets but would actually be easier to enchant first. He tapped into his mana reserves and pushed the secret compartment spell into the crystal, which glowed softly as it stored the spell for now. For whatever reason, the runes, candles, and crystal served to purify the spell and really anchor it into the bag. He'd have to do all this on the doctor's bag later. After a long while, Jack returned to reality.

"Ok. The satchel's ready. The main pocket can hold about sixty pounds of whatever. The other pockets will give you another forty pounds you can carry all together. Even full, it will only weigh about five pounds.

Your toolbelt will be a little bit different since the pouches are only big enough for tools. Any tool you put in that pocket will seem as if it isn't there. However, you'll only be able to put one item in each pocket."

Getting the approval to go ahead, Jack swapped the satchel for the belt. He hit the pockets with the shrink spell like in his gloves. The crystal flashed as he kept adding Shrink to it. He blinked as the last bit of mana faded away.

"Order up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 pm

He began to pull out some sort of board with some sort of runes cut into it. She moved to the side and pulled herself up smoothely on a part of the counter that he was not using so that she could watch more clearly. He even pulled out a crystal ball swearing it was all necessary. She only nodded. Curious to see how he did this whole enchantment thing. She stayed quiet, when he began to do his work she just watched. She always was very interested in what people were doing, how they were doing it, how their magic worked. Everyone seemed to have different ways and Blue's mind was always hungry to observe such things.

When he finished and handed her the bag she could only marvel at the way that he told her how much it could hold now. She was thrilled. It would be fantasic, that much was for sure to be able to carry so many things now. As he worked on the belt that used a lot she began to restock her satchel quietly trying to let him do as he needed on the belt. Though when he mentioned only one thing per pocket she made sure he left one of them unenchanted so that she could put screws, nails, and other small things in there that she would need more than one of from time to time.

Blue had her satchel half stocked when Jack was finished with her tool belt. She stood and she took it from him. Grinning. It would be great to have a place for all her things. She could stick some big equipment in here that she might need on a job and be able to take it out when ever she needed. It would be so useful. Between the belt and her satchel she was certain to never run out of anything so long as she kept them all stocked.

This is fantastic. Thank you so much. I really owe you one. I could pay you, or perhaps allow you to call in a favor at some time. I can upgrade something for you, fix something for you, or whatever.

She shrugged.

Anything would be fine. She squatted down again and continued to pile crap back into her satchel she would properly organize it tonight, but that would take a couple hours and she didn't want to mess with that while she was heading out to a date. So, she shoved everything into her satchel and her tool belt before she left them on the counter lifting them was easy, much easier than they had been before. She kind of wanted to hug him but she wasn't sure if he was into that thing. Blue didn't want to be stepping over boundaries before anything had actually happened.

Well.. does this mean we are set to go to the festival? Or, did you need me to look at something here before we go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 pm

This is fantastic. Thank you so much. I really owe you one. I could pay you, or perhaps allow you to call in a favor at some time. I can upgrade something for you, fix something for you, or whatever.

Jack started to put the enchanting altar away. "I'll trade you a service for a service." He pointed to Prometheus, who was now polishing the brass portions of the doctor's bag. "You said you had ideas for my little helper. Swing by with some blueprints, and I'll call it even."

He watched Blue play with her updated toy. It would have spoiled her fun if Jack helped dump the crate back in.

Well.. does this mean we are set to go to the festival? Or, did you need me to look at something here before we go?

The bell over the door jangled, and a little old lady walked in. Archimedes didn't do the greeting because it knew Jack was there. She granny-walked right up to him.

"Mama Majewski, your foxglove essence won't be ready until tomorrow."

The Polish woman waved the comment away. [npc]I'm 89, not senile. Do I need to remind you about dinner tomorrow?[/npc]

{Balls, I signed up to bring pierogis.}

"Of course not," Jack smiled. "It's for eight people this week, right?"

Mama Majewski turned her gaze to Blue and smiled dreamily. [npc]It just went up to nine. You will join us, won't you dear?[/npc]

"Mama...?" Jack asked warily.

[npc]She's dressed too nicely at this time of night to be a customer, and I doubt she needs heart medicine anyway. How long have you two been seeing each other?[/npc]

"Mama," Jack hissed, embarrassed. He regained his composure. "We just met today. We're going to check out the growing season festival," he said matter of factly.

[npc]Then dinner tomorrow is the perfect second date for you two.[/npc] Majewski squeezed Blue's hand. [npc]No need to impress us, dear. We're not his family.[/npc]

{No, but Moms and Pops might be there.}
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm

She looked over at the creature, the one that Jack had pointed out. She was still down piling crap into her tool belt but her eyes were watching the creature. Taking in the way it moved. Stifly. Her fingers twitched and she took measurements from where she was, her eyes running over the little man. He was not very tall but he was taller than most golems. She knew from talking to Jack before that he had created them with clay, and she had ideas for the little bird, but the larger golem could be a much more fun challenge.

All the storage space unused within the shell!

Her tool belt full, Blue rose up to her full height again and tucked the now empty crate away so that no one would trip on it. She had just asked Jack if they were ready to head to the festival when a customer came in. Blue stood there casually even though internally she was nervous. Not because the old woman seemed familiar just that, she was kind of ready to go and now she would have to wait.

Jack seemed to know the woman, so Blue just rested her hip against the counter and waited while she toyed with a bottle of essential oils that she found in a little box that sat upon the counter top. Pulling out the stoppers and sampling the different scents from afar.

Blue tried not to eavesdrop, but it was hard because she wanted to know so much about Jack. Apparently, he was going to dinner over there tomorrow. Jack had friends. Blue didn't. In fact, if ever asked, Jack was probably her only friend. Which at least, she now could have one. When the woman addressed her, Blue looked up blinking quickly a couple times.

Her ...? Dinner? ....?

Oh umm, yes ma'am, that would be lovely, thank you for such a gracious invitation.

She couldn't tell the little old lady no. She was so nice, and Blue had not expected to get invited to dinner. Jack was .. not really her boyfriend, but the woman seemed to think so, so that it caused a blush to touch the apples of Blue's cheeks. Blue's multi-hued eyes shifted over to Jack to see how he would answer the woman's questions, when he mentioned they had just met and were heading out to the Growing Festival. Blue's eyes shifted back to the woman who said it was a perfect second date.

Blue was sooo happy she wasn't drinking because she would have choked. As it was, she had to grab onto the counter to keep herself from swaying as the woman, so sure of herself, said she didn't need to dress to impress.

Thank you, I will bring something with me, to donate.

She looked back at Jack, hoping that it was okay with him she had accepted the woman's invitation. She didn't want to step on his toes, but the woman seemed to adamant about her being there. Besides, Blue wasn't against finding more reasons to spend time with Jack. She wondered if the woman had heard that Jack had a girl over, or if it was just happenstance. But Blue remained where she was. Polite and quiet to see if the woman and Jack had anything else they needed to say to each other. Her eyes kept flickering to Jack though, wondering what he thought about all of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 am

Oh umm, yes ma'am, that would be lovely, thank you for such a gracious invitation.

[npc]Excellent, dear. See you tomorrow.[/npc] Mama Majewski gave a loving pat on Jack's arm. [npc]Did I mention your parents will be there too?[/npc]

Thank you, I will bring something with me, to donate.

[npc]That won't be necessary deal. We make enough for an army.[/npc] She shuffled out of the store without waiting for a reply. The bell jangled again.

"I am so sorry about that. Mama..." Jack shrugged. "She's not really my grandmother, but she kinda sees herself that way. When my family moved to Librium right after it's construction, we were in the Little Poland section. The Majewski's put themselves up as the neighborhood social center and organized these little weekly dinners. Some of us, like my family, are the regulars so Mama likes to dabble in my life outside the shop.

You really don't have to go. She is a bit senile. But still makes an amazing Polish sausage."

He cleared his throat.

"You ready to head over?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:32 pm

The little woman was so nice. She assumed that he was related to Jack somehow. A Grandmother, and Aunt, something of the sort. She wasn't sure, but it seemed that way. She didn't resemble him enough to be his mother unless Jack was adopted, but she doubted that. He had mentioned that his father had dealings with New Dawn. When the woman left Jack went straight into an appology. She was right that the woman was not his parents, but the fact that his parents would be at the dinner made Blue that much more nervous.

What if they asked her questions. What if they didn't much care for elves. Sure, she lived in Librium but that didn't mean that everyone was a friend to elves. Some people came just to make life miserable for them. Others came to exploit or abuse. Some came to kill and neglect. It was all very interesting the kinds of people that filled the streets of Librium. Most were like Jack, the kind that didn't mind an elf, or a half elf as it would seem.

I think it's sweet. That she set up that whole dinner atmosphere. You know my family does that. Every Sunday, we get together to eat. I actually have to set Albert up to remind me it's Sunday because most of the time I get so lost at work that I forget. Sometimes, others stop over, to join us. Our family most of the time, extends to a larger radius than just the four of us.

He told her that she didn't have to go. For a moment Blue wondered if he didn't want her to go. Maybe he wasn't ready yet for her to meet his family. And she wouldn't blame him. She wasn't ready for him to meet her family. This was a date, yes, but she wasn't even sure if it was a date date or if it was just two people that got along heading out to a culturally heavy setting.

Well, I would like to go, if you would like me to go. But if it is awkard because your parents will be there then I won't. I don't want to put you in some sort of position.

He asked if she was ready to go and Blue smiled with a nod. She headed towards the door leaving her satchel and her tool belt on the counter top she would get them when she came back for the evening to pick up her car. Her car might be anti-theft but she wasn't so sure about putting her precious tools in it. She felt that Jack's shop was probably the safer of the two places since they would be gone for a little while. She intended to walk. It wasn't far, and she would prefer the time to stretch her legs and mentally prepare herself for what lay ahead.

Do you mind walking? I could drive, if you wanted me to, but it isn't far. Just about six blocks away, if you don't mind walking. Blue waited as he locked up his shop, and she nervously placed her hands in front of her. Not really sure what to do with them. Blue was totally out of her element. When she was talking shop, she was confident. When she was thinking about helping Jack with his creatures or him helping her expand her bags, she was fine. But them alone, on a more personal level, she felt like her hands needed something to do. Like a tool, a key, something to mess with. So do you live in your shop? There seemed to be several floors to it, the basement, the shop and an upper floor. I basically live in my lab. My sister, she made me get an apartment, but I never seem to go there unless it's laundry day. she chuckled softly because it was true she tended to just pass out at work at her table or on the small cot in the back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:09 pm

I think it's sweet. That she set up that whole dinner atmosphere. You know my family does that. Every Sunday, we get together to eat. I actually have to set Albert up to remind me it's Sunday because most of the time I get so lost at work that I forget. Sometimes, others stop over, to join us. Our family most of the time, extends to a larger radius than just the four of us.

"Mama's dinners are something you just don't forget about. Besides, she knocks on the window to make sure I'm coming."

Jack hoped he didn't insult Blue by telling her she didn't have to come. It was a quick fear reflex.

Well, I would like to go, if you would like me to go. But if it is awkard because your parents will be there then I won't. I don't want to put you in some sort of position.

"Oh no no no no. That's not it at all. I just didn't want you to feel forced to go."

He asked if she was ready to go and Blue smiled with a nod. She headed towards the door leaving her satchel and her tool belt on the counter top. {Giving herself a reason to come back?} Jack knew she was only leaving them so that the tools didn't clash with her get up. It wasn't like he went everywhere with his backpack. That's what enchanted cargo pants were for.

Do you mind walking? I could drive, if you wanted me to, but it isn't far. Just about six blocks away, if you don't mind walking.

They stepped outside and Jack went about locking up the shop. He had the standard lock plus a few other magical locks to help keep his drug stash off the streets. "Not at all. I'm used to walking everywhere. Plus parking at any event is horrendous."

[color=blue]So do you live in your shop? There seemed to be several floors to it, the basement, the shop and an upper floor. I basically live in my lab. My sister, she made me get an apartment, but I never seem to go there unless it's laundry day./color]

"Yep. Got the whole building to myself. The shop was actually my mother's and someone else had the upstairs apartment. They didn't like living over a chemistry lab, so I bought the unit from them. I can now blow up my basement and crawl into bed upstairs." Jack chuckled. "I've done it before. Insurance company loves me."

Little did he know that in a few weeks time, a mysterious stranger would blow up the shop.....and then get his hard earned cash in a trade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 am

Blue was glad that he didn't mind walking. She walked most places unless she had to take her car. She took her car to the dump usually with a trailer attatched to it. So that she could take all her crap back to the New Dawn lab where she worked. But, she was just glad that he didn't think it was too far to walk. As he locked up shop he mentioned that yes, he did in fact live in the building. Someone had apparently rented out the upstairs apartment at some point and then didn't really like the smells and things that came from below. So he had bought them out and now owned the whole building.

Blue chuckled.

I don't know that it would be that bad. Though I suppose it could be considering if you are trying to create something new. Or something that purposefully smells bad for reasons.

He mentioned that he often blew up the basement and that his insurance loved him causing Blue to grin. She kind of had the same problem, except with New Dawn.

Yeah... depending on what I'm working with.. you can usually tell it's dangerous by the blast radius that is in the center of the lab where I do most of my work. The soot juuuust starts to fade, and then I always have something new to do for the company that needs to be explosive and I am back at it again. I have replaced a lot of furniture and parts in the building before, well New Dawn has, actually.

they continued walking and soon she was very happy they had not driven. As they got closer there were more and more cars parked in every conievable place that they could park. On the sides of roads, some on the sidewalks themselves forcing Blue and Jack to walk around. There were even some on grass and empty lots. They were everywhere. And they only got worse as they got closer to the sounds of the festival. Part of her wasn't sure they should go. Her parents' friends would most certainly be there if not her mother herself. She only hoped that Neona wasn't going to be there. The last thing she needed was family interferance today.

So, you live close to your family? That is nice, me too. My mother and father live in the city. My sister too, but she travels a great deal. She is a diplomat. We are very different. About as opposite as we could be, I think, unless I was male, then that would probably be the last thing. she chuckled with a shrug of her shoulders. Neona was pretty, put together, and gentle. Blue could swear like a sailor and get as dirty as one in seconds. She could clean up nicely when she had reason to but the way she looked now was more of an anomoly.

Is there something that you want to do at the festival first?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Yeah... depending on what I'm working with.. you can usually tell it's dangerous by the blast radius that is in the center of the lab where I do most of my work. The soot juuuust starts to fade, and then I always have something new to do for the company that needs to be explosive and I am back at it again. I have replaced a lot of furniture and parts in the building before, well New Dawn has, actually.

"Well some of my concoctions are incredibly potent. The back alley will smell of rotten eggs and ammonium for a day or two. I learned to start brewing that one on trash pick up days so my neighbors couldn't blame me."

Jack and Blue played Car Maze on their way to the fairgrounds. There were times the alchemist wished he had a vehicle, but this made him glad he didn't. A few of the high end cars were blocked in by the rust buckets people like him were able to afford. It served the bourgeoisie, though.

So, you live close to your family? That is nice, me too. My mother and father live in the city. My sister too, but she travels a great deal. She is a diplomat. We are very different. About as opposite as we could be, I think, unless I was male, then that would probably be the last thing. She chuckled with a shrug of her shoulders.

"You certainly didn't feel like a guy when you dragged me down earlier. Although, I think you had a pretty strong grip on my shoulder. Maybe you're just wearing a really good Glamour."

Jack didn't deal so much in physical appearance altering items. That wasn't to say he didn't know a guy who could do the enchantment. He preferred avoiding being seen due to a Displacement charm.

Is there something that you want to do at the festival first?

Jack wiggled his fingers like a little kid who sees something he wants. However, Jack wasn't looking at anything in particular.

"I like doing the Senior Buffet. When you go around a warehouse store and stop at each sample station. The tricky part is going back for seconds. Bloody elven memory. They always remember your face."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Blue could not help but turn bright red when he mentioned her not feeling like a man when they had fallen in the dump. Firstly, she still was very embarassed to have fallen at all. And secondly, to have fallen and taken poor Jack down with her. It had been one of the more embarassing moments of her life, she had to admit, but it had gotten them a bit closer for a moment. And he hadn't decided not to go with her to the festival, so maybe it wasn't as bad as she made it out to be in her mind.

Blue couldn't help but laugh when he mentioned the Senior Buffet. She had never done it herself, as it was, she barely left her lab. Recently, it had been even less because she was constantly busy on something or another for New Dawn. She was either being asked for something, asked to create something, or being told to improve one of many things in the offices or the systems that ran them. She was never bored, never off, and always on call.

Not that she minded.

Blue loved her job.

That is because we live a long time. A face could come back to haunt us in the future. Or you understimate our age. she chuckled. But mainly, it is out of respect. We remember you, because it shows you that you have made an impression upon us. Elves do not so quickly forget, they hold tight to subtle hints that others sometimes miss completely.

She had no problems snacking their way through the festival. She just hoped that she wasn't going to have to run into her family. Neither of them mentioned coming, so she was fairly sure that she was clear to do what needed to be done. Aka. Hanging out with Jack. She chewed on her lower lip as they finally passed the large floral and ribbon crested banner screaming the name of the festival in Elven. Inside, the place was packed, Humans, Others, and mostly Elven moved through the varying stalls. Sang to music, or danced to it. Some grew flowers, some were showing off their magic, others were buying some of the delicious food that there was offered everywhere. It was a great cultural event.

There is Noe, I know her very well. She owns a cafe bistro I visit a lot. It is in the city, not too far from my lab. I always go there when I need a bit of fresh air, but she always delivers even though she doesn't technically offer the service. Her food is all natural and devine, we should stop there first.

They walked over and Noe's eyes bugged out when she saw Blue coming up with a boy of all things. You would have thought that Blue had grown a second head the way that the mistress was coming across the table and bounding over to Blue. Noe was a slight girl, pixie-ish in demeanor and hyper. She had a shock of hot pink hair that was cut short.

Blue! I didnt expect to see you here! And you brought a boy! A HUMAN boy, oh Blue! Your mom will be soooo happy!

My mother, needs not know about anything, unless it is from me. Thank you.

Her smile fell, but Noe brought it back. She didn't miss a beat. Fine. Okay okay, I can take a hint. You know that Neona and your mother are going to have kittens!

Can you hook us up with some samples. I was just telling Jack about your food.

Oh! Jack! So nice to meet you, I'm Noe. Of course I can give you some food. Come right this way! So Jack! How did you get our Blue out of her little laboratory of hers. It is straight out of an old novel you know, her always slaving away! Never any fun! Never comes out! I am certain she's allergic to sunlight!

Blue looked over at Jack and mouthed 'Im sorry' as they followed Noe back to her booth that was filled with food as she began to make them a little sampler plate to share.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:53 pm

That is because we live a long time.

{We? So you are an elf. Or at least partly.}

A face could come back to haunt us in the future. Or you understimate our age. But mainly, it is out of respect. We remember you, because it shows you that you have made an impression upon us. Elves do not so quickly forget, they hold tight to subtle hints that others sometimes miss completely.

"Don't I know it." Jack's face went into a brief frump. "Makes haggling an endeavor in futility. Hmm, maybe that's why I don't have many elven suppliers."

They took in the sights as they weaved through the throngs of people. There wasn't much of a difference between this and the junkyard. Some of the people were pretty potent. Some with too much perfume....others with not nearly enough. That's the human population for you. Blue pointed out one vendor in particular.

There is Noe, I know her very well. She owns a cafe bistro I visit a lot. It is in the city, not too far from my lab. I always go there when I need a bit of fresh air, but she always delivers even though she doesn't technically offer the service. Her food is all natural and devine, we should stop there first.

Jack felt a little uncomfortable when Noe gawked at them. The look of surprise was apparent. Was it because an elf was keeping company with a human? Society didn't seem too concerned when a human walked with anyone else, but the Others could be a little 'territorial' with their members.

Blue! I didnt expect to see you here! And you brought a boy! A HUMAN boy, oh Blue! Your mom will be soooo happy!

{What's that supposed to....oh. Why would she be happy, exactly?}

My mother, needs not know about anything, unless it is from me. Thank you.

Jack sucked his lips in as his eyebrows went up, completely out of view of Blue of course. {Oh, burn.}

Her smile fell, but Noe brought it back. She didn't miss a beat. Fine. Okay okay, I can take a hint. You know that Neona and your mother are going to have kittens!

{So maybe her mother wouldn't be too thrilled to see me? Bad gossip among the elves could be bad for my business. Then again, maybe playing nice with Ma is what I need to finally get some respect. Ooo, that smells good.}

Can you hook us up with some samples. I was just telling Jack about your food.

Oh! Jack! So nice to meet you, I'm Noe. Of course I can give you some food. Come right this way! So Jack! How did you get our Blue out of her little laboratory of hers. It is straight out of an old novel you know, her always slaving away! Never any fun! Never comes out! I am certain she's allergic to sunlight!

Blue looked over at Jack and mouthed 'Im sorry' as they followed Noe back to her booth that was filled with food as she began to make them a little sampler plate to share. Jack gave her a cocky smile back. Even the Elves had Mama Majewski's.

"We just happened to bump into each other earlier in the day." The alchemist decided to leave out the trash dump. It wasn't the best way to start off a How did you two meet? story. "Did a little chit chat and told her eating was not a hobby. Present company excluded of course. Festivals don't fall under that exclusion though, so we decided to check this one out."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 am

Noe looked over at Blue and her brow rose even further.

Jack was digging poor Blue into a deeper hole. Blue was dressed nicely she didn't even dress nicely to visit Noe's store and she barely found clean clothes when it came to visiting her parents every Sunday. But here she was all dolled up for a human. A human that she had just met today. Unlike Blue, Noe was full elven, just like Blue's mother. Noe was more pixie like. Tall and whispy but she carried her own beauty. Blue might act more human but there was quite a bit of elven in her looks.

Oh! Great! I'm so glad you were able to drag her out of that stupid lab of hers. She's always working, it's not very healthy, the amount of work she does without getting any break. Barely eats you know.. and there is..

Noe! Stop!

Blue leveled a glare at one of her friends that shut Noe up in a heartbeat. But it had to be done. She couldn't take her spilling all this crap to a man she just met. Blue held her hand out and took the plate from her gently. She wasn't mad, she just didn't want all her secrets and common habits laid out. This wasn't some sort of dating company this was a guy and a girl out having fun. She didn't even know if it really was a date. Sure, they were together, but she wasn't sure what he thought of it as and she was too afraid to ask.

Thank you for the food, see you later, Noe.

The pink haired elf merely nodded. She would probably talk to Blue later anyway, but she felt bad for having spilled too much. But that was just Noe's way. She was everyone's best friend. That was why her restaurant had always done so well. The food there was fantastic, but it was even better that Noe was such a friendly person. People stopped in just to talk and ended up buying something before they left. She had a good business, and her personality was just right for it.

She led Jack away from the booth and to where they had placed a lot of blankets and pillows everywhere for people to sit in a more picnic like way. She sat down with him, there were tons of stalls they could sample but Noe had set them up pretty good. So they would see how hungry they were after this. She picked up one of her favorites and tore it in half.

Try this, it's my favorite. Though instead of a pie she made it into a roll here for the festival. It's lamb, with vegetables and normally there is like a gravy with it, but it looks like she used the gravy like a salad dressing just on the top. But it's soooo good. The lamb will practically melt in your mouth. she handed the piece to Jack and then ate her half of it. She smiled. Unable to help it, it was her favorite and she was sure Noe knew that. That was what she ordered most of the time when she ordered either in the store or over the phone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Thank you for the food, see you later, Noe.

{There is what? I wanna know.}

Jack's hand led the way as Blue tugged it out of Noe's booth. He fought back just long enough to grab a take out menu. Boyish curiosity wanted the address so this conversation could continue. As a fellow vendor, the alchemist appreciated the use of a little harmless gossip to reel in a fish with a wallet. He gave a coy smile to the pink haired elf before being fully encouraged to leave.

They made their way to the green where all sorts of picnic areas had been set up. Blue pointed out one blanket in particular, and Jack plopped down on the pillow like a hyper-active kid.

Try this, it's my favorite. Though instead of a pie she made it into a roll here for the festival. It's lamb, with vegetables and normally there is like a gravy with it, but it looks like she used the gravy like a salad dressing just on the top. But it's soooo good. The lamb will practically melt in your mouth.

Jack took the other half of the roll. "Looks kinda like shwarma this way. There's a kebab shack near my place that does a similar thing." He took a bite and chewed it for a moment. "Different spices, though. Is that saffron? Tastes different in a gravy than in a herbal remedy.

I thought elves were more vegan. Guess I just never pictured a herd of sheep wandering the forests. Don't get me wrong, it still appeals to my inner meatatarian."

Blue looked like she was in heaven when she ate her own half of the pie-roll. It made him smirk to see her out of her dumpster shell. Until a little dribble of gravy escaped the corner of his mouth.

"Gah, I have a hole in my lip." That was the running joke in his family when they drooled at dinner. Or they missed their mouth, but Jack hadn't done that this time. He rushed to grab a napkin.

Maybe she didn't see it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:03 am

She liked that he was willing to be open minded. There weren't many of those in the world anymore. She had a hard enough time with it sometimes. But overall, it was just nice to have someone to enjoy her time with. She figured they could at least be good friends, and there was something nice about having someone she could talk to that she didn't feel was judging her all the time. As they sat down he mentioned that the food was like a place that he visited.

I don't know what she cooks in it. It's just delicious.

He mentioned that he had always pictures elves as vegetarians. Considering that they had mostly lived in the forests before the Enlightenment took out most of them. And he didn't figure that there were sheep wandering around in the forest. Blue laughed softly and gave a shrug.

Well, they were, for the most part. They had birds and other wild game that they would eat from time to time. But yes, you're right, they were mostly vegetarian. We harvested the land, the bushes, and the trees. Small gardens and farms, some grown up in the trees themselves through the use of magic. Enlightenment took away many of our forests, and while magic can help, it still takes a long time to build a forest. Even longer to build it with the ability to sustain life. Elves had to make adjustments, a lot of the dishes are still vegetarian, but there are some that incorporate meat now.

She chuckled.

Sorry for the history of my people, speech. she laughed and gave a slight shrug. It was just how it was, a lot of people didn't really understand how the Elves worked. Sometimes, it was just easier to tell them. She wasn't condescending or anything but it was nice when someone cared enough to listen anyway.

He seemed to be drooling gravy. She didn't judge him on it, but she had to admit it was cute. Watching him scramble around for a napkin which she ended up handing to him because it was easier and it would put him out of his paniced misery. She gave him a soft smile and then looked down at the plate and picked another roll to split in half leaving the half on the plate while she nibbled on her side.

So, how did you end up in Librium? I know you said your father worked for New Dawn, is that how? Were you born here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:29 am

I don't know what she cooks in it. It's just delicious.

"No argument there. I think it beats that shwarma place."

Well, they were, for the most part. They had birds and other wild game that they would eat from time to time. But yes, you're right, they were mostly vegetarian. We harvested the land, the bushes, and the trees. Small gardens and farms, some grown up in the trees themselves through the use of magic. Enlightenment took away many of our forests, and while magic can help, it still takes a long time to build a forest. Even longer to build it with the ability to sustain life. Elves had to make adjustments, a lot of the dishes are still vegetarian, but there are some that incorporate meat now.

{They....we... Is she culturally confused? Well, she is only [b]part[/p] elf. I should cut her some slack.}

Sorry for the history of my people, speech.

"No worries." Jack said just before the napkin incident, which he gladly accepted from Blue. He tried to play it off as if nothing had happened. "My uncle said never to trust someone who didn't eat meat. He also had atherosclerosis at the age of forty. The man practically showered in bacon grease."

So, how did you end up in Librium? I know you said your father worked for New Dawn, is that how? Were you born here?

The alchemist took a more careful bite. "I was born and raised for the most part in Bastion. Not sure how, but I somehow avoided being drafted at the tail end of the war. Probably cause New Dawn expected me to follow my Pops into the products research division. Then Terra bent us all over her knee."

He waved it off. Everyone knew that part of the story.

"Anyway, the notice went out that a community was going to be built on the site where the Treaty had been signed. We had a good life going for us in Bastion, but it seemed too narrow-minded for us. Not really hard to imagine when the house is full of tinkerers and brewing cauldrons. Pops signed up for the job transfer to the new facility and we moved next door to the Majewski's."

Jack spun the light back on Blue.

"So why would Mom be happy to see I'm human? Is she human?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:01 pm

He explained how he and his family had lived in Bastion. But he had somehow managed to get past getting drafted up for the war, and he was probably right on his assumption. New Dawn had a great deal of power, and they were able to toss it around really anywhere which meant that sometimes they could get away with breaking the rules and laws of an organization. Especially, one that benefited from it's creations, inventions, and other assistance. He told her that when they had figured out that there was a new place popping up they decided to move the family and hadn't regretted it since.

Then he asked her why Noe had mentioned that her mother would be happy that he was a human. Blue paused in her eating and then she chuckled at his little question about if her mother was human.

My mother is not human, she is elven. My father, is the one that is human. But I think she would really be happy to have me speaking to any male, really, be they dwarven, elven, human, anything that seems to have any sort of reproduction capabilities. I think she believes my sister is her only hope of carrying on the family.

She gave a shrug as she finished another roll of food and then she leaned back, most of the plate was empty and they would probably be snacking here and there where ever they went at the festival. There was a lot of fun yet to be had. They even had dances and bon fires after dark this thing would go on until everyone was passed out and then some. But she didn't have that much time to give, nor did she have the wish to spend that time outside doing things that had nothing to do to work.

So anyway, I think that she just lost hope for me. I do not get out much. She believes that I am married to my work, and in a way I think I am. It is certainly a major priority for me. she looked over at Jack. But I am certain you understand what that is like. Enjoying your work so much that it is hard to leave. I actually sleep at work more often than I go home. I usually only go home to wash my clothes.

She laughed. She usually wore everything til her last outfit then went home and did laundry. She never worked dirty or anything, but she went home when she had to so that she could retain clothes and what not. But for the most part she crashed out where she passed out in her lab or if she could make it all the way to her cot.

What about your family? Your neighbor seemed very happy to see me, and invited me over for dinner tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:02 pm

My mother is not human, she is elven. My father, is the one that is human. But I think she would really be happy to have me speaking to any male, really, be they dwarven, elven, human, anything that seems to have any sort of reproduction capabilities. I think she believes my sister is her only hope of carrying on the family.

"Something that doesn't run on batteries?" Jack gave a quick grin. "Sorry, that was pretty crass."

So anyway, I think that she just lost hope for me. I do not get out much. She believes that I am married to my work, and in a way I think I am. It is certainly a major priority for me. she looked over at Jack. But I am certain you understand what that is like. Enjoying your work so much that it is hard to leave. I actually sleep at work more often than I go home. I usually only go home to wash my clothes.

"I understand but don't relate. Sure my house is above my place of employment, but I get out when I can. I like to cause trouble."

Hence the enchantment in this jacket that allowed him to avoid being seen in large crowds.

What about your family? Your neighbor seemed very happy to see me, and invited me over for dinner tomorrow.

"Mama loves to meet new people," Jack said with a grin. "She sometimes pretends she's shopping just to strike up conversations with people. Like I said, she's the neighborhood mom. I can't complain though. If my clients aren't eating their vegetables, she points them to the vitamin aisle."

Jack was somewhat on hiatus from dating. His last relationship hadn't gone that well. However, now wouldn't be so bad of a time to get back on the proverbial horse. Whether or not that horse involved Blue was a different matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Blue couldn't help but chuckle at his little joke. While funny, it was true. Blue had never had much use for boys. They were always wanting her to change. Be different, not the girl that she was, but pretty, in dresses and with make up. That wasn't Blue. She couldn't remember the last time someone just took her at face value. Jack seemed like a guy that would, but one could never know.

It's cool, I mostly hang out with guys, it's nothing I'm not used to.

He said he often went out and visited his family. Not to mentioned that he spent a great deal of time off. Well. Not a great deal, but when he was off, he was off. Blue was different, she was almost never off. Her mind was constnatly working and shifting and creating. She was always coming up with some sort of idea, something that would help, change, or better the organization that she was with. Or she was working on something for herself.

Trouble? You? What kind of trouble, you don't strike me as the trouble sort, but apparently I'm wrong.

he told her about the woman that had invited her over for dinner tomorrow. She had to admit to being nervous when thinking about it. A family setting was not something she was good with. She was barely good with this, she was already itching to get back to her lab. To get her hands dirty and DO something. This 'fun' stuff always made her feel like she was wasting time which was probably why she was never really all that good people and dating.

They had finished their snack and she got up tossing the plate in the rubbish bin before she came back over to him waiting for him to get up too so that they could head out and walk around. She was not sure all of what was going to happen here, and she knew that it was probably only a matter of time before her boss or someone needing her was probably going to page her or something. Luckily for her, she was the complete package, she could recieve all her messages in her mind. She didn't need to have an annoying phone or pager with her all the time.

So anything here catchin' your eye, that you'd like to see?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:32 am

{Oh good, she laughed. Thought I might have crossed a line. But now I have a good idea on what her sense of humor is like.}

It's cool, I mostly hang out with guys, it's nothing I'm not used to.

Trouble? You? What kind of trouble, you don't strike me as the trouble sort, but apparently I'm wrong.

A mischievous sparkle filled Jack's eyes, and a smirk tugged at his lip. "What kind of sort do I strike you as?" He wanted to hear her answer before going into detail about his not-so-teenage escapades.

They discussed this and that while the Elf Pockets became smaller and smaller. After a few more bites, it was time to toss their trash and see the rest of the festival.

[color=blue][So anything here catchin' your eye, that you'd like to see?/color]

{Ooooh. That's a loaded question.}

"Um, do they have those tents with the world record sized pumpkins and things? I don't know what amazes me more: the size of the whatevers, or the people staring at the whatevers."

{And they're hiding the wine garden on me. Lots of antioxidants in elven wine. Maybe that's why they live so bloody long.}
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:38 am

Blue grinned returning his grin.

He was curious about what kind of guy she saw him as, and if that wasn't a loaded question she wasn't sure what was. But even still it deserved some sort of reply because she really hadn't thought of him as mischevious or any kind of trouble maker. Instead, she had figured that he was more down to Earth with an occassional spark for fun and adventure.

I guess I thought you were more of a good guy. Someone that likes to let his hair down and have fun occassionally but for the most part stays on the straight and narrow.

She was honest, there was no reason to lie. If that was one thing Blue felt was important was honesty. Sometimes it hurt more in the beginning but not as much as it would hurt later on when you found out what she told you was a lie. That to her seemed a waste of time and effort. Still though, she wondered what kind of person he saw her as, but then that wasn't what they were talking about so she kept her question to herself.

So .. what kind of person are you then? If you are not what I first thought?

Seriously? World's Biggest Pumpkins? Her brow rose. They weren't farmers they were Elves. She felt a bit offended by that in the slightest of ways because honestly.. it wasn't like they didn't grow and weren't good at it. But she swore that he was serious.

The Cultivator's Exhibit is probably in the back, where people aren't as likely to trample the showcases. If that's what you want to see. There is a few Elven Vineyards here, a dance area, and I am not exactly sure what else. I have not been to a festival in a while so I am going off of a childhood visit here.

She shrugged, as mentioned to him earlier she didn't get out much. In fact, she had probably been out more with the dump and this, today, than she had been in the last month. Blue was a recluse with a passion, so she wasn't sure how she would ever snag a man that way.

So giant vegetables then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)   Fesitvals and Fun (Jack) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fesitvals and Fun (Jack)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next