Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Glade Inhabitant (Open) Knightbutton Glade Inhabitant (Open) Violettebutton Glade Inhabitant (Open) Onyxbutton Glade Inhabitant (Open) Azulebutton Glade Inhabitant (Open) Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Glade Inhabitant (Open) Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Glade Inhabitant (Open) Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Glade Inhabitant (Open) Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Glade Inhabitant (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Glade Inhabitant (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 pm

The past dew days spent in the growth of the Glades were probably the best of Tayva's life, at least as far as she could recall. She could find nowhere else but here that she could be surrounded by lush greenery, while being near a source of food and people. Of course the Glade offered her some privacy, and it seemed to be a much better solution compared to owning a home. This was a free, unspoiled place after all.

Settling her back against one of the many trees that dotted the Grove, she hung one of her legs over the edge of the branch, rummaging around through her bag. The cover of the Grove also allowed her small companion Cayleb a chance to run around freely, without needing to worry about being spotted by the population. Tayva managed to pull out a small baggie with some bread and a few slices of meat, something she had managed to scrounge up with some of the money she had earned working under the man known as Velas.

The job had seemed rather simple enough: grow what she had been given. She had been getting a better idea on identifying the different plants that she had been asked to nurture, also becoming more familiar with her given talents. Not only that, but she had found herself capable of using her abilities without knocking herself out in the process, a feat she never thought would have been possible. Though with the nutrition she was getting with her new job, this no longer proved to be an issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 am

All around was pure, vibrant life. The lush plants seemed to be too perfect, unreal in how lush they were. Normally Sinder hated nature, loathed the unorganized chaos and general messiness that went along with wild growth. His life was orderly, controlled as much as possible, and every aspect was planned meticulously. This place was far different than that chaos. Every tree seemed to be in exactly the right place, every seed planted purposefully and the plant cultivated to grow just right. There was a planning and craft to this land of green that touched something in Sinder. It was the beauty of nature enhanced to absolute perfection. The wilderness tamed and nurtured, like a single massive garden.

Sinder was so lost in speculation, he actually wandered quite far into the Grove without addressing the reason he had come in the first place. A contact of his had risen rather far in the world of the elves, coming here to work on the Grove. It was an opportune time to call in the favor this man owed Sinder, and it was a significant debt. Years ago the man had been in a gang, fighting in the streets every day. He had killed another gang member and been forced into hiding. Sinder had found him there of course, forcing him into a contract as he did with so many. The boy had been quite successful in a very short time, and Sinder had rewarded him well. A new identity and appearance had made the murderous young man disappear overnight, replaced by a promising treasure hunter. Of course, the success of the young man had eventually drawn him to go out on his own, and his success had continued.

Sinder smiled, more than happy with the course events had taken. Yes, he had lost a capable artifact hunter that day, but he had gained so much more. A highly ranked contact among the Others was invaluable, mostly for information. But today he wanted more than that. He needed assistance with a certain acquaintance of his who had been getting him into trouble lately. Artemis had been reaching for rather risky objects, drawing the attention of beings they were better off avoiding. A recent encounter in Bastion was still burned into his mind.

A still distracted Sinder actually managed to walk right into a young woman as she sat against a tree. He stumbled, falling forward awkwardly, arms flailing in the air. His mind came back to focus immediately, a smile creasing his face as he vanished suddenly. He reappeared immediately in front of the girl, once again composed. "My most sincere apologies miss," he apologized smoothly, sweeping his top hat off and bowing deeply. "I am afraid that my mind is elsewhere today. I find this place most distracting, though whether that is a bad thing, I remain uncertain." he straightened, replacing his hat with a wide smile.

Sinder was far from a normal looking man, his clothing marking him out immediately. He wore a black shirt with gold detailing, a red cape thrown over one shoulder. Purple pants were held up with a gold and red belt, a pair of leather holsters on his upper thighs. In them were sheathed a quartet of throwing daggers. Each forearm was covered with a silver steel bracer, the edges gold. His brown and tan boots shone a faint blue, and the bracers gleamed red when the light struck them. His outfit was completed by a purple top hat with a band of gold around it. The outrageous dress somehow managed to work on the handsome man, his smile charming and rakish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:06 am

Not once did Tayva think that she would be bothered within the wilds of the Grove. The only others she ever really saw come here were those that tended to the natural beauty of the surroundings, which made it the perfect place for her companion to roam free, without having to worry about being spotted. Of course, she could never really call him a pet, even though that's how some would have likely saw him. She did not like the idea of owning another living thing, rather she preferred the idea of being his friend, even if it meant being his caretaker.

A muffled pair of footsteps caused her to lazily open one of her eyes, and before she could even register the fact she was no longer alone, she felt something trip against her legs, causing her eyes to snap open in surprise. Her arms shot out to protect herself from whatever was falling on her, but the predicted pressure of something on her never arrived. Rather the person that had stumbled upon her had somehow regained posture before touching the ground.

Slowly Tayva lowered her arms, looking up at the bizarrely-dressed man out of sheer curiousity. She had observed people before, and had seen how both the rich and poor dressed. But neither population ever dressed as flamboyantly as he had. It probably made it hard for the man to blend in with a crowd.

"It's alright, these things happen. To see such a sight after being surrounded by a void wasteland is a big change." Tayva explained. Of course, the girl had always wished to see what the world had been like before the Enlightenment, before the ravishes of mankind, to see it in its most pure state. But such things were only fevered dreams, as there was no way to reverse the clock. Brushing herself off with her palms, the girl soon hopped up to her feet, her long flowing hair brushed behind her ears neatly. There was a small tinge of green in the girl's hair, mostly visible at the ends, though slowly branched upward like roots, as if some natural pattern.

"Anyways, what brings you out this far into the Glade? most people do not travel far in, for fear of getting lost or encountering some wild thing." Tayva questioned. Of course she had never seen anything considerably dangerous apart from a few poisonous plants, but some people tended to have vivid imaginations that were not always put to the best of use. Of course the stigma of travelling far into the Glades did allow the girl some privacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Sinder was pleasantly surprised to find someone so kind and polite to trip over. Most people of this time were less than pleasant, though most had their reasons. The Enlightenment had changed a lot, and it seemed that suspicion and hostility were more common attitudes than kindness and generosity. "I admit that I did not intend to come so far in, but my mind can get away from me sometimes." he said with a smile. "Though I assure you that there are very few natural creatures that I would fear to encounter." His daggers were quite deadly and in most skilled hands. Without magic, not much stood a chance against Sinder.

Removing his hat, Sinder sat against a tree opposite the girl, placing the top hat in his lap. While he was here on business, he saw no reason not to stop and chat for a while. "Well my name is Sinder Tamaran miss, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." he owed his head in respect. "I was hoping that I would run into someone who could help me. Would you happen to know where an elf named Esmer Destill is? I have some business to discuss with him."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Tayva had not encountered many people that would simply want to 'stop and chat', but this man was different enough as it was, so it didn't seem surprising that he would be the one off to do so. She had no complaints about the small visit, for she enjoyed the company of others every now and then. Being constantly surrounded by people however was a completely different story.

"Well then mister Sinder, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Tayva." the Celestial replied, mimicking the small bow that he had offered while in his sitting position, sliding back down onto her backside. It would have been more comfortable for the girl if she allowed her wings to breathe, but she had not gotten over the painfulness of allowing them out of her back just yet, despite the practice she had gotten in with Evyn not too long ago. She felt a little bad for not having done much flying since then, the girl not having gotten complete control over the ability yet.

"I'll have to get some practice in tonight if I remember..." Tayva thought to herself, before soon realizing the man had started talking once more. Names and faces were something that Tayva knew little of, and she was just as clueless when the name of Esmer Destill came up. Apart from the few people she had familiarized herself with, she was not one to know of strangers.

"I'm afraid I do not know someone by that name. However if you are looking for him within these parts, I would be more than happy to lend a hand. I spend a lot of time in here anyways." Tayva offered with a keen smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am

Sinder hopped up slightly, sliding one foot beneath him. He then extended that leg forcefully, propelling his body up into the air and into a flip. Landing perfectly before Tayva, he bowed once more and offered her a hand. "I am most pleased to hear you are willing to accompany me!" he replaied enthusiastically, smiling in a friendly manner. "I must admit that I had been hoping for company for this search, as I am not only new to the area but remain unknown to the locals." Though perhaps that was for the best. His reputation extended beyond the borders of Bastion after all, and not many who would spend their time tending the Grove would care for someone from his line of work.

Sinder watched Tayva with piercing brown eyes, their irises seeming to shine with mischief and an inner light. She was an attractive girl, though that was something that mattered little to Sinder by itself. There was plenty of eye candy in the world, but very few who qualified as intelligent enough to be worth his time. Perhaps Tayva would prove to be one of the few who were, but statistically it was unlikely. Never the less, it never paid to be impolite. "I must say, the character and appearance of my company is much improved from my typical coworkers, though I admit that this is no great feat. Come along my dear, I would love to take this opportunity to speak further with you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 am

Tayva wasn't sure whether or not this man was trying to be entertaining. He seemed nice enough, and it probably wouldn't hurt to tag along, if only for a little while. It would be nice to make some new friends along the way as well, not having many she could rely on if she ran into any problems. And so as he extended his hand out toward her, she carefully grasped it with her soft hands, pulling her fragile-looking figure up onto her feet with seeming ease. Tayva then bent down quickly to scoop up her empty bag, hoping her companion would find his way in without her new acquittance noticing.

It wasn't something she wanted to have to explain to every person she came across, how she had a Rift Beast as a companion. Most were rather frightened of the thought of having a beast for a pet, but Cayleb was an exception for the girl. To her he was the closest thing she had to herself in this world, seeming as lost and confused as she had been upon arriving in the world. And he was far from dangerous, at least from what she had seen. Apart from a few puffs of black flame every now and then, he hardly seemed like a creature that was worthy of the fear surrounding the Rift Beast creatures.

"I'm afraid I wouldn't know any of your coworkers to compare." Tayva started, keeping her bag low to the ground in case her Rift Beast friend joined up with them. She kept her eyes out in case she saw him as they proceeded to walk, Tayva following Sinder more so. "So what exactly do you need this elf for, if you don't mind me asking?" Tayva questioned the man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Mildly annoying. Apparently Tayva was one of those individuals who was smart enough to ask awkward questions, though she likely did not realize that they put him in a bad position. She seemed like the overly trusting type, so the thought that Sinder might need this person for less than savory reasons never likely crossed her mind. "Let us just say that he is an old friend of mine who owes me a favor. I got him out of a spot of trouble back in the day and was hoping that he would be willing to do the same for me now."

It was basically the truth. Sinder had technically helped Esmer escape the law years back, even if becoming involved with Sinder got him into even deeper trouble. It had worked out in the end though. Esmer had survived the many suicidal missions he had been blackmailed into going on and been rewarded well. With any luck the rewards would continue to roll in once they worked out this deal as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 pm

"I see... sounds interesting" Tayva replied, noting that the speed of which he responded to her question. He didn't seem all that willing to talk about what it was that she had questioned about. Perhaps it was the nature of the favour he requested that was not proper to discuss. A small rustle in the bush caught her attention, causing her to break off from their conversation to glance over at the source of the sound. She had not figured anyone else would have been around here, even the appearance of Sinder was a surprise for the girl.

Before she could ponder what had caused the noise from the bush, the small figure of Cayleb raced from the growth, diving straight into her bag, and knocking it free from her hand. Tayva paused for a moment, having completely forgotten about having waiting for Cayleb to return in the midst of her thought. She was quick to react as she snapped back into thought, grabbing the bag and glancing inside at the small creature's shaking form. She wasn't certain what could have spooked him like that, but whatever it was would still be within the Grove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Sinder had his hands ready in a second, a dagger appearing in his left and the right hovering above it, ready to sweep forward and throw the magical blade at a moment's notice. He had heard the rustling too of course, his eyes scanning the surrounding foliage for signs of a threat. The Glade seemed rather empty of thinking life, but who knew what kind of wild animals could be about? The tense moment took all of his attention, but he would be asking about that little monster later. "Perhaps it would be best if we continued this conversation during our search." Sinder suggested, backing up until he was against a tree trunk, ensuring that at least one direction was not open to attack. "If it comes to a fight I am not certain that I would be able to protect you as well as myself."

Sinder concentrated for a moment, a few globes of light appearing in the air and floating through the trees nearby. They illuminated some of the darker shadows and would hopefully draw out whatever was out there. He blinked, and there was a flash of shadowy movement. One of the balls dissipated, the integrity ruined when the shadowy shape tore through it. But as fast as the figure had appeared, it vanished into the undergrowth once more. Not good. "Whatever it is, I doubt it is friendly."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Though Tayva had no physical weapons to defend herself with, she knew she did not need them to protect herself from whatever it was that threatened their existence. She watched from the corner of her eye as her companion backed up against the tree trunk, before the flicker of movement before her caught her eye. Rarely did she have a chance to flex her muscles, tending to be the more friendly type. But that didn't mean she wouldn't show her claws.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." Tayva replied with a small smile, casting one of her hands backward. Palm face up, a small ball of green glowing energy gathered within her grasp, power taken from within her own being. She watched carefully, looking for the next sign of movement from the bushes. Upon seeing a small rustle before her, she flicked her arm out, casting the small gathered energy ball forward. It flew off in the direction cast, and the moment it made contact with the physical presence of the plants that sheltered the unknown being, it burst into a small explosion.

The offensive attack was enough to flush out whatever had been following them. The hulking figure of a werewolf burst forth from the underbrush of the Grove, charging straight toward the one that had sent forth the orb of energy to attack. Whether or not it was searching for its next meal was not visible, but what was clear was that it wasn't quite impressed at the attack.

As the creature charged forward toward the Celestial, Tayva dropped down onto one knee, pressing her hands into the ground hard. The earth before her shifted and moved, and as the creature drew near, half a dozen thick vines burst up from the earth, scattering clumps of dirt around as they snared around the beast's limbs and torso, lifting it up and away from their controller.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 am

Sinder watched her use her abilities with a smile, surprised that she was so capable. Magic was not as rare in the world as it had once been, but finding one able to hold off a werewolf was a treat indeed. He took careful aim with his dagger, a clean throat shot should be enough to take the beast down. The werewolf was not about to go quietly however, thrashing in the grip of the vines. Just as Sinder threw his dagger, the toss impossibly fast and powerful, the claws of the monster ripped apart the vines holding it. Released, it began to fall, and the dagger hit a single finger rather than its neck. The blade sliced cleanly through flesh and bone, the blade sharp and the weapon magically accelerated by his bracer. AS the digit flew off, the other four were all cleanly severed as well, the wound duplicated by the magic of the knife.

Sinder swore loudly at the miss, rolling aside as the werewolf lunged at the spot he had just been. Another two daggers flew as he tumbled, his aim thrown. One sliced deep into the shoulder of the monster, five gashes cutting to the bone. The other stuck fast in a pectoral, four other stab wounds opening up around it. The breast bone had stopped the awkward throw, but the wolf staggered back and howled in pain. The confident smile on Sinder's face vanished as the howl was answered from elsewhere in the Glade. "At least two more of them out there!" he cried, backing away and calling another dagger to his hand magically. Globes of light continued to float around, trying to give them advanced warning of any other enemies approaching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am

Tayva gritted her teeth at the sound of the howl, the realization that they were not alone hitting hard and fast in her mind. Sure they could handle one werewolf, but the echo of multiple creatures brought with it the realization that they may be biting off more than they could chew.

"Well... this might be more interesting..." she frowned, standing straight, her fingers stretched out at her sides as she watched the shadows of the surrounding flora, keeping an eye on the werewolf that was still breathing before them. She couldn't tell just how many there were still out there, but as far as she could guess, there were likely at least two others. If they wanted to continue keeping their flesh, they would need higher ground.

"Move into the trees. They'll give a better vantage point." she suggested to Sinder, before suddenly convulsing. The shredded fabric of the back of her clothing soon revealed its purpose, as a pair of feathered white wings struggled from out of her skin, casting a mist of blood as they were freed from the prison of flesh. Tayva gritted her teeth, having slowly become a little more accustomed to the pain of releasing the hidden appendages. She wouldn't have time to dwell on the discomfort though, quickly sending a few powerful flaps downward, using them to amplify her jump as she landed on a branch well above the makeshift battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glade Inhabitant (Open)   Glade Inhabitant (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Glade Inhabitant (Open)
Page 1 of 1