Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Knightbutton The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Violettebutton The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Onyxbutton The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Azulebutton The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

The Return (Ethan)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 am

Could you just forget for a moment, that's I'm a girl, and that you think you're a macho solider man and just give me the benefit of the doubt for half a tick?

Ethan set his shoulders and tried not to slap her silly. She was as calm as could be, like those men didn't have the ordinance to punch through the aluminum foil she put over the doors. What did she mean think he was a macho soldier man? Did she know him?

She began arranging her things and placing them in a box, almost like packing for a short day trip. It was official....Blue was losing it. Ethan needed to step in, and do it soon. Either that, or they could sit in the tub huddling like Peking duck waiting for it to slow cook itself.

I have a plan. This is bad right? Really bad? I mean, those guys are out there, ready to kill us. To come in here, kill you, claim me like they always wanted for some reason. So we have to figure things out, and I know you think you're Captain Terra or whatever but we can't just.. you can't go out there and go guns a blazing and hope there is enough to bury later.

Ethan gave her a strange look. Who in the world was Captain Terra, and why was the frontal assault a bad plan? He knew these people's tactics better than they did! Who was she to tell him how to confront a combat situation...andwhy was he listening!?!

Oh, right...that love thing.

Intolerable woman. But I do love her.

I am not saying you can't do it. Because I know you can. But, I can't lose you, and .. so this is just how it's going to be. Okay? So, chill! It's just a freaking bathroom, it's not like it's a helipad..

And I'm in love with a crazy woman hopped up on pain meds.

A helipad? You don't say...a helipad would actually be excellent right now. For a moment, could we not forget that you're hopped up on painkillers and Terra knows what. This is now a combat situation, and its my call. I can't let my emotions skew my judgement. The best shot you have for surviving is to slip out when I make my assault. Its simple math...the HVT makes it out alive. That's what matters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 am

Blue glared at him.

One of those 'death glares'. The kind that really just made her want to smack him across the face and make sure that he was really paying attention to her. Because, obviously, he forgot that she was a virtual genius when it came to many aspects of life. She bit her lower lip and stared at him as he dug into her about how her best plan was for her to get out while he distracted them.

She didn't want him to think that it was her losing her mind. But, apparently, that was way too late. he thought she was hopped up on her pain killers, which she was, but it didn't make her loopy it just made her feel numb in a way. Probably the only reason that she wasn't going nuts when they were being attacked.

Just as she looked over at him she heard a loud bang which made her jump.

With her foot she kicked the bathroom door shut, and then she reached over him.

I know you think I'm insane, or high on drugs. But I would appreciate it if you could give me the benefit of the doubt, Rivers.

She didn't know what else to say as she pressed the button that was built into the side of the shower head and basically invisible unless you knew what to look for. Of course, he had been living here for a while and he had never seen or noticed it, so she knew that she had done a good job.

As the button pressed, a hatch slid open. The shelving unit where the towels had been stacked with the sheets slid away into the wall revealing a door. She entered a 20 digit memorized code, and the door opened, she stepped in and the lights came on. The stairway flickered into being and she turned around picking up her cane and her box before she began to work her way down the stairs. As soon as Ethan had cleared the door way she mentally closed the door and the shelving unit would slide back into place completely.

I had this built a long time ago. And, well, I thought I might need it at some point. It's completely self sufficient.

At the bottomm of the stairs there was a kitchen, a work room, a bedroom, bathroom, a full computer screen wall, and many other things. But it was decorated like a normal apartment, definitely didn't have too much of a bunker feel outside of the amazingly thick concrete walls all around them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:47 am

She stared at him like she would've preferred to have him on a skewer over a fire. It didn't matter to Ethan, however, he had seen stares like that before and sometimes worse. When he let in to her about her ideas, she seemed to quickly back off, avoiding eye contact and the like, albeit the look in her eyes still threw daggers at his chest.

They stepped in to the bathroom as a loud bang shook the building. Blue jumped as Ethan slowly turned to face her. Breaching charge, no doubt, it seemed the incoming teams had found the lockdown reinforcements. Blue kicked the door shut behind her once her composure had returned and reached past him, staring him in the eyes.

I know you think I'm insane, or high on drugs. But I would appreciate it if you could give me the benefit of the doubt, Rivers.

Ethan's upper lip curled back in a snarl. Now that the truth was out, it really bothered him that she used the old name. He couldn't explain it, but he didn't have much time to reply with a snide remark as the shower wall fell and revealed a staircase in to some sort of concrete bunker. He let out a whistle, impressed as he followed her down the stairs.

I had this built a long time ago. And, well, I thought I might need it at some point. It's completely self sufficient.

What the hell were you so afraid of that you thought you might need this?

The concrete walls were of good quality, steel-reinforced was Ethan's guess. Equally impressive was the facilities that the panic room provided, both technological and amenities-wise.

All that's missing is the framed crochet of 'Panic Room, Sweet Panic Room.' Ok, why didn't I know about this as your bodyguard, and what's your plan now...Niara?

There was the dig on names...right on time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 am

Ethan snarled a bit, when she said Rivers, and it was only then that Blue realized she had slipped out with her old nickname for him again. She always resorted to using his last name when she was a bit ticked with him. It came naturally. She hadn't even thought he might get upset about it. But, that had been his name for almost a year. It was going to be hard for her to get used to a completely new name.

Blue grimmaced.

It isn't fear, as much as it is preparation. YOU were the one that made that abundantly clear. But, I had this before you, I just fixed it up a bit more after I met you. I guess, I was afraid of another Enlightenment

She shrugged. The war had taken a large toll on Niara, even if she didn't fight in it herself. When the world collapsed around them, and ended the war, she had been young and severely frightened. She supposed, that in a way, she had lost her trust in the stability that Terra had always provided, and feared that she would anger again quickly and shake the world again. If that was the case Niara wanted to be able to keep herself and anyone else important to her, safe.

Down the stairs, her hips ached severely. All the moving was definitely chewing the amount of drugs in her system up. Putting her box on the ground, she worked her way very slowly to the panel across the room. She began flicking switches. The screen wall flickered on and it showed a collection of cameras. Perimeter cameras surrounding the outside as well as strategically placed cameras that covered the entire house. She used a foot to pull a rolling stool over to her, and sighed as she sat down, the ache was dull now that she wasn't standing.

But, the pleasure of sitting was short lived when he called her Niara.

Tears burned behind her eyes. She hadn't really thought about Rivers. As a name, .. well that had been his name for a year. She shot out of the stool with a large grimmace of pain on her face as the pain returned with a sharp stab.

I'm sorry if me calling you by the name I've known you by for the last YEAR almost, has pissed you off, or offended you in some way, ETHAN, but it's gonna take some time to retrain myself to use a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT name than I've used on you before.

She wished she wasnt still injured because stomping away right now sounded really great. She was glad that he hadn't held her yet. Not really anyway, because he would probably berate her for how thin she was. With her cane, she charged away from him and towards the bedroom area. Where four bunkbeds hung on the walls, and she sat on the edge of one of those beds and burried her face in her hands. The pain, the disappointment in herself for handling the situation so bad, and the situation itself was seriously taking it's toll on Blue. Not to mention, she hadn't actually gotten any good sleep, no real sleep, and now it didn't look like that was happening any time soon with the freaking ARMY assualt on her apartment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:17 am

Her outburst wasn't unexpected, it had been a very hard day for everyone and it wasn't looking to get any better soon. It wasn't right for him to be cross with Blue, she couldn't be expected to be suddenly in the know about the business. With a sigh, Ethan walked to the bunk room and peered in to find her with her head in her hands, sitting on the edge of a bunk.

Stepping in quietly, Ethan spoke with quiet, careful words.

You know, when I used to call you by your Elven name...you'd turn red and smile, never able to look me in the eye. The last two times, you've screamed at me, and broke your hand on my face. Have we really fallen so completely? I mean, the first day I met you...you wouldn't have done either of those things...

...I think.

He knelt in front of Blue, pulling her hands from her face, holding them in his left. The right hand softly wiping away her tears whilst staring deeply in to her wet eyes.

I'm sorry. About this, about your hand, about everything. If I had known the effect it would've had, I would be keeping my name as John, and you would never need to know my terrible secrets. But...I know you don't want that.

Rising, he put his arm around her slender form, holding her close.

I know things are different, and I was wrong to think you'd simply adapt, and you'd just realize that I'm the same person. I don't understand what's bothering you, I will be honest...

She began to speak, but a softly placed finger on her lips quieted her for a moment. He almost waited to see if she was going to bite him, but he continued on.

...but now is not that time. We need to stand our ground and protect ourselves...then, sit down and fix us. We need to both be standing for us to have that talk. So...

...are you with me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am

He was wrong.

The first day she met him, she had her guns that were hidden in the ceilings trained on him waiting to deploy if things got ugly. She had kept them that way for at least a week. She had walked around the laboratory armed as well. Albert had been put on alert. It was not easy for Blue Tiran to trust anyone especially someone that Pierce Knightley had sent her.

Of course, now she knew that wasn't the case.

He pulled her hands from her face, and the teared up Blue looked up at him with her red ringed eyes and tear stained cheeks. His other hand reached up and wiped the tears from her cheek. She nuzzled her face into his hand as he asked if they had really fallen so apart.

He was wrong. That was her name, but it was not her Elven name.

That was Shae-nari. She hadn't told him that yet. Because, she hated it. Worse than Niara.

She opened her mouth to tell him what she needed to, but his finger touched her lips. She closed her eyes and then opened them looking up at him. He was right, they didn't have time for the talk that they really needed to have. They had their fight. Now, they needed to have the sit down talk. Resolve her hurt feelings. He seemed no worse for the wear. But, she was having problems grasping everything, and, she just needed him.

I still love you, if that's what you're worried about. she leaned in and softly let her lips lay on his. She got that tingle, throughout her body that she always got when he kissed her. It was slow and soft. It didn't last very long, there was impending death in the world today for them. So, they couldn't waste time enjoying their kisses. But, as it broke she gave him a soft weak smile.

So what is our plan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 pm

I still love you, if that's what you're worried about.

Those comments coming from Blue made him smile, and a weight would visibly lift from his shoulders. If anyone had ever asked, he would lie and say that he always knew she loved him. No matter what he said, he was relieved to know his true fear was unfounded. The kiss that followed was simply icing on the cake. It was one of those kisses that felt like they were far too short, despite being nearly half a minute in length.

So what is our plan?

Smiling back at her, he revised his original plan and sat next to her.

My original plan was to make you go to bed and get some rest, then go upstairs and kick some ass.

Seeing the glare begin to develop in those multi-colored eyes, Ethan held up his hands.

I changed it after I realized I would have more success turning Albert in to a real owl. So, I think we need some intel before we make a decision. If there was a way we could allow one or two guys in the apartment, I could take one out and gather some. Do you think we can get that to happen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 am

She couldn't be more pissed at his first plan. It was written all over her face, and she knew that he could tell because he quickly made sure that she understood that he had another plan. That they needed to get tatical. They needed to figure out what these guys were doing. He wondered if there was any sort of way they would be able to get two or three guys into the building without letting all of them in. That way, they would be able to .. or rather he would be able to question them.

I think that is easily possible.

She got up, and headed back into the main room where the large TV was set up. She hit several buttons to enlarge the outter cameras instead of the inner, and looked at the different angles. Standing back she surveyed the way that the people were positioned. There were people on rooves that were close by. Across the street, but they wouldn't be showing themselves, so for now they were no danger.

Okay, I have an idea. The back terrace. There are two stationed on either side of the glass door. I can unlock it. And, I can make one of the windows close by twitch so they might ry it. Anyway, it might get those two to come in. And, when they do, we'll be able to relock the door and you can get those two.

She turned to face him again.

I don't have a uhh.. interrogation room. But there is a storage room over there. If you want to bring them down here. But, I don't know exactly what your plans are.

She chewed on her lower lip. Watching him with those multi-hued eyes. She didn't want him to go up there. Not alone. But, she also knew that if she went up there, she would not be any help. She knew that she would actually be more in the way than anything else. The other thing, that she was thinking about was that she was not cut out for whatever was going to happen up there.

You're not.. going to do anything crazy up there are you? she whispers softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 am

Blue got up and started accessing the console system in the adjacent room, pulling up different camera views and various areas of the apartment. It was truly impressive how familiar Blue was with the system...Ethan wouldn't have been surprised to know that she had built and programmed it herself. Awe of technology was not something he could do right now. He had a job to do.

Okay, I have an idea. The back terrace. There are two stationed on either side of the glass door. I can unlock it. And, I can make one of the windows close by twitch so they might try it. Anyway, it might get those two to come in. And, when they do, we'll be able to re-lock the door and you can get those two.

Ethan nodded as she spoke, his hand softly cupped under his chin. That would be a good idea, but if they caught wind...

I like it, can you jam their communications the second they enter the apartment? Better yet, if you can do that and intercept their radio traffic, that would be even more amazing.

She didn't answer him immediately as she spun slowly to face him. Her face had a serious look to it, but she smelled of worry.

I don't have a uhh.. interrogation room. But there is a storage room over there. If you want to bring them down here. But, I don't know exactly what your plans are.

In other words...she wanted him to be safe. He had no back up, a small caliber pistol, his wits, his cybernetics, and maybe a knife if he could scrounge one up. It was insane odds, with impossible factors woven in. For anyone else...it was a potential suicide mission.

Ethan simply smiled.

You're not.. going to do anything crazy up there are you? she whispered softly.

Of course I am baby...and its better you don't know my plan. It makes you less likely to follow me. Trust me.

He kissed her softly on the forehead before heading towards the stairs. Thinking quick, he grabbed a sharp steak knife from the cutlery set in the makeshift kitchen, tucking it up a sleeve.

Don't worry...I promise I'll be back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 am

Blue tilted her head as he asked her if she could jam their communications inside the building, but allow them to recieve the radio signals from outside. Of course she could do that, she supposed she appreciated him asking. She knew he didn't want her up there. She would be in danger and she was already in massive pain and a victim to exhaustion. There was a way out of this place, without being seen if they had to get out that way. The shelter was also built to be bomb proof if it needed to be. They would be fine in here even if they burned the apartment to the ground.

Yeah, I can do that. If you can, toss a radio down here to me, I can do it a lot easier if I have the actual technology to work with.

He kissed her softly on her forehead, it was his thing. He had done that since they had first started getting close. Which had been a surprise, she thought, to the both of them. Neither had been looking for any sort of relationship and then suddenly here they were. Together. She hoped, that would be for forever.

Hey... she caught his hand as he turned around to leave. She tugged so he would turn back around to face her. Don't.. forget to come back. We have things to talk about and.. and.. you have things to come back for.

Leaning forward she kissed him. The kiss was short, but soft and then she let him go. Watching him start to head up the stairs.

Be careful. she whispered one last time as she opened the door for him so he could slip out. Then it was time for business. She shifted the cameras back to the way they had been before she looked at the outside. Watching the way that Ethan made his way through the house towards the back terrace door. When he was there, she twitched the curtains, that were on the side, as if someone was peeking out and then silently allowed the door to unlock itself.

One of them picked up a radio, but it wouldn't work. They shrugged, the target was inside, they had a way in, it was simple as that. One of them toed the door open, and they began to slowly slip inside, trying to cover all the areas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 am

Ethan slowly walked up the stairs, seeing the doorway slid open in front of him, revealing the sunlit bathroom as they had left it. His enhanced hearing caught her whisper to be careful, and he was planning on it, however, her words held special meaning to her. It was almost like her reminder made him that much more aware of the danger he was about to face, more aware of the consequences. Blue had been abandoned so many times, he couldn't do that to her again.

No...he wouldn't. There was a difference.

Carefully slinking across the bedroom, Ethan leaned flat against the wall and surveyed the hallway towards the stairs. Finding no one of note, he drew his pistol from the small of his back and slowly, quietly began making his way down the hallway.

The back porch door opened, and Ethan held his breath. Footsteps. Two sets? Three? He wasn't sure. It didn't matter. The important thing was getting them separated. Facing a trio of trained operatives with automatic weapons,and if they were intelligent, a shotgun, would be definitive suicide. Once one of them was terminated, Ethan would gain the advantage.

Slipping across the open balcony of the staircase in to the adjacent room that Blue was converting in to a temporary lab while she was hurt. Nearly tripping over junk on the floor, Ethan cursed....louder than he wanted.

Shit! Insufferable pile of... He shut his mouth, closing his eyes and cursing himself for letting it slip. On home turf, it was comfortable...he forgot himself. It could be his own tying of the noose around his neck.

Hearing commotion downstairs, he knew he had been made. Diving to the ground, he quickly snake crawled across the hallway, the natural height shielding him as he crossed. Scrambling to his feet, Ethan replaced the pistol in his back and slid the knife from his sleeve.

Closing his eyes, he concentrated on the noise of the footsteps, relying on the steps to creak just a bit. His breathing slowed, and he waited. A creak his the first stair.

Showtime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Blue watched from the monitors the way that he went through their house. She watched biting her lower lip, hoping that he was going to make it. The new locket that she had made so that he could understand what was going on with her, and if she was hurt. She watched him as he went through the apartment and back across the place where she was making her lab tripping over a few things. She winced.

She remembered that day... he had warned her...

*flashback*

Blue! What the HELL is all this shit in the hallway!?

Blue pokes her head out of the room and smiles at him. Behind her the room is in complete disarray. She has her work bench set up but her filing system needs some help and the carpeted floor is almost completely covered in parts except the trail, almost like a walk way that will allow her to get from the door to her work bench with her walker or her cane. Watching her love, she could only smile.

Ummm, overflow?

He gets that tick in his face. The one that says he's trying very hard not to jump down her throat and losing the battle anyway.

Overflow. Overflow?! Blue! This is a security risk! If someone broke in and we needed to get out of here fast, then what the hell do you think would happen?! You'd trip and fall, and be all pissed off that I'd have to carry your broke ass out of here!

Blue grinned. So.. think of it as an extra security system. I mean, say someone breaks in. They don't know this pile is here but we do. They trip, we hear, and we have extra warning that they're here!

Clean it up, Blue!

Yes, DAD she glared....

/end flashback.

Ooops.

She watched as he dove towards the ground hiding on the landing of the second floor and she watched as the two men crept up the stairs. Blue chewed harder on her lower lip, she was prepped to use the device. The locket. If he needed a boost, she was going to give it to him no matter what it took. It was that damn important to her that he survive.

All he had to do was survive. All he had to do was come back to her, and she was going to do everything in her power to make sure that was exactly what happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am

Footsteps on stairs. It was a noise that a lot of people took for granted, never really listening to the sound it made. Pressed up against the wall, Ethan Kelly was counting on the noise.

Step, step, step, step...landing. Ok good...come on now.

A second set of footfalls could be hear as the first slowly crossed the landing. Grimacing, Ethan knew that his job just got very much harder. A second trained, better armed operative was going to increase the likelihood that collateral damage was going to occur. That damage, in most cases, was coming out of Ethan's ass, and he couldn't have that.

The barrel of a sub-machine gun passed the threshold, causing Ethan to hold his breath. It was time. It was now or never. Grabbing the gun, a sound of surprise came from the man in black tactical armor. Within a few seconds, everything changed.

Pupils constricting, Ethan was hit with an immediate rush of adrenaline and a PANIC indicator. Blue's locket, she was in trouble...when did she fix it?

Without thinking, the heel of Ethan's hand slammed in to the nose of the first intruder. It connected with a sickening crunch as the bridge of his nose was shoved in to his cranial cavity. With a little blood, and even less theatrics, the man fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. The second intruder raised his weapon, a shotgun.

So, they aren't brain dead after all. Interesting.

Diving to avoid the shot or slug that tore in to the adjacent wall, Ethan quickly rolled and threw his kitchen knife as hard as he could. It would have been a perfect shot if the knife was balanced. Only problem was the knife was designed to cut steaks, not kill people. It grazed the intruder's face, leaving a long cut against his cheek.

The man leveled his shotgun once more, and Ethan rolled to the other side of the hallway, only taking a couple small pieces of shot in the ass. Cursing, he pulled the pistol from the small of his back, and once he was facing the intruder, put two in his chest, and one where the knife was intended: the neck.

He went down messily, in a gurgling pool of blood. Rising slowly, he rubbed his ass and winced before suppressing the pain. He retrieved the weapons and a radio and went to have a talk with Blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 am

OH SHIT!!!

There were two guys. They weren't stupid, and they were going after Jo... Ethan! She bit her lower lip as she watched. Her eyes watching the screen. Her hands worried with the locket. Rubbing and stroking it. It was a completely different face. The locket itself had been crushed in the wreckage of her lab. The one that the New Dawn people were quickly trying to rebuild so it would be ready when Blue was capable of coming back to work full time.

She had found an old locket online and ordered it. It was similar to the one that Ethan had given her that day in the dump. Or rather, in the hospital quickly there after. But, it didn't matter. Not at all. Because, the problem was right now, she had accidentally triggered it.

The only reason she could tell was because Ethan seemed to have been shot up with adreneline and began to go at the guys with a great deal of force. She winced when he took a bit of shot in the ass, and knew she'd be digging it out of his perfectly sculpted rear-end later. Some perks to the job, she supposed.

The downside was, the two asshats were dead, and Ethan had a scowl on his face as he made his way back to the bunker. She bit her lower lip and she opened the doors just as he got there. She moved as fast as her poor painful ass could with the help of her can and met him at the base of the stairs. Dropping her cane she flung her arms around him so tightly and hugged him desperatly.

I'm SO sorry! I was so worried! And then they were ON you, and I was just.. so scared, and my heartrate must have gone up and I.. I .. I'm so sorry! I'll turn it off for the next guys I swear! I swear!

Blue pulled her face back from his shoulder so that she could look him in the eyes and she sighed softly. Cupping his cheek with her hand. She looked into his eyes, tilting her head to the side. She was kind of stuck this way because her cane was on the floor and there was no way her hips were going to bend enough for her to retrieve it in the shape she was in.

I"m so glad you're okay. I was terrified. I.. I can't lose you Ethan. I just can't okay. I'll take the locket off when you go back out there, I promise. And... do you need me to dig the shot out of your backside before you go?

Okay. It was kind of funny. Inwardly, she was laughing, but outwardly she was truly worried and watching him with those soft multi-colored eyes of hers. Wondering if there was something she could do for him, and feeling terrible she had thrown him off his game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:25 pm

As Ethan approached the bathroom, the door opened without him needing the button to be pushed. Ah, she was expecting him. He could only imagine what she was thinking as he walking down the stairs. Ethan looked like a thunderhead as he descended, bristling with weapons and a scowl on his face to match. One of those armed men was supposed to be alive. Thanks to a sudden adrenaline rush, both were dead and he had gotten shot.

As he hit the bottom of the stair way, Blue threw her arms around him and hugged him tight. He had to fight to keep the relief from hugging back. He was pissed at her, and determined to stay that way. Luckily, his arms never left his sides, and his face didn't show a hint of amusement.

I'm SO sorry! I was so worried! And then they were ON you, and I was just.. so scared, and my heart rate must have gone up and I.. I .. I'm so sorry! I'll turn it off for the next guys I swear! I swear!

When did you repair the locket? Ethan's voice flared with irritation, the last thing he needed was to lose this battle in the tone of his voice.

I'm so glad you're okay. I was terrified. I.. I can't lose you Ethan. I just can't okay. I'll take the locket off when you go back out there, I promise. And... do you need me to dig the shot out of your backside before you go?

That comment earned her a glare. It almost seemed like she was enjoying herself! The audacity! Pleasure at his pain, despite all her smatterings about being worried.

Leaning down, he picked up her cane and handed it to her. Stepping away from her, he laid the radio down on the monitor control station and walked to the bunks. Sitting with caution, he began disassembling the guns and cleaning them. The distraction would ease his mind whilst preparing the guns. Just because these were trained operatives didn't mean they knew shit about weapon care.

Just because they went after him proved they weren't alright in the head.

Idiots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 am

He didn't even hug her back.

He was that mad. Blue couldn't help but feel terrible, and she worried, now that he was mad at her. Sure from time to time he got frustrated with her, but he had never been so mad he wouldn't hug her and right now she could really use one.

She looked down. At his furious question. Tears burned behind her eye lids but she refused to let them fall. She didn't want them to fall she didn't want to guilt him she just felt terrible and she didn't like him angry at her.

After the attack. When we got home. You were out getting meds and stuff. I thought you would want it fixed.. incase.. incase of you know.. umm.. anything.

He picked up her cane silently and walked away after handing it to her. For a moment. Blue just stood there, using her cane for support. Her back to him as she blinked back tears. After everything they had been though, after the last several days, after earlier this afternoon.. after all of everything.. he was mad at her, and barely speaking to her.

Just fantastic.

Blue watched as he went into the bunk room and left the radio on the table that he passed. She wiped her face quickly and then she hobbled in after him. She wished that she wasn't so hurt, because, she knew that she could probably get to him if she could use certain.. techniques. But, she couldn't do that with the state her hips and legs were in at the moment. Not without some rest at first at least.

He was cleaning pistols when she got in there, and she hobbled over to the bed and she swore she could feel her muscles and bones creeking as she sat down beside him. Blue gave a soft sigh, as she placed her head on his shoulder, and her hand on his hand. The one holding the pistol.

Don't. Please, Ethan. I'm very sorry, for getting you distracted. I should have remembered to take the locket off, I didn't mean to trigger it. Please, don't be mad at me, I didn't do it on purpose. We can get another guy in, we can. And, this time, I.. I'll put the locket close by not on me, because... if I need it, or if you need it.. it's important to have. You always wanted me to wear it. Remember, I used to fight you on it. So don't be angry when I've done something that is important. I wasn't trying to sabotage your plan.

She rose her hand to Ethan's face and forced him to look at her with a gentle nudge.

I'll .. I'll go jam the radios...

It took true effort to get up but he was still mad at her and she had no idea what to do about it. It had been an honest mistake and if that was something he was mad about she couldn't fix it. She didn't need to touch the radio. She left it wear it was and sunk her painful self down on a rolling stool. Not the best, most relaxing chair, but she didn't expect to be down here in the state she was in, and that was all she had at the moment. The locket, she took off with force and tossed it across the room where it bounced twice on the concrete floor before sliding to a landing somewhere between herself and Ethan.

Putting her head in her hands, she tapped into the radio frequency. Immediatly, it was playing from a speaker that was on the console in front of her. Even with her head pounding, her pain meds having worn off, and the knowledge she wouldn't be sleeping any time soon, she was working her ass off. Even with Ethan seething in the room behind her. Which didn't help. She jammed the communications, that would happen inside the house, and within two feet. If it was any larger, the people might get suspiscious. But, if it was just two feet Ethan would be able to grab anyone and they wouldn't be able to radio for help.

If she jammed everyone, they would figure out that they were jammed and they would either do something about it, or up their attack mode. So she was trying to play it safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 am

He wasn't even all that mad at her, and yet he could see the hurt in her eyes. Concentrating on the disassembling of the first pistol, Ethan pulled off the slide action and retrieved the barrel before he began cleaning. It hadn't been poorly done, the weapon was moderately clean on its own, and it wasn't long before he was replacing parts. Almost done, Blue hobbled in to the room and settled next to him, resting her head on his shoulder, and her hand on his.

Don't. Please, Ethan. I'm very sorry, for getting you distracted. I should have remembered to take the locket off, I didn't mean to trigger it. Please, don't be mad at me, I didn't do it on purpose. We can get another guy in, we can. And, this time, I.. I'll put the locket close by not on me, because... if I need it, or if you need it.. it's important to have. You always wanted me to wear it. Remember, I used to fight you on it. So don't be angry when I've done something that is important. I wasn't trying to sabotage your plan.

She forced him to look her in the face, in her eyes. His eyes were cold, calculating...colder than he wanted them to be. So was his voice when he spoke.

I know.

With that, he flipped the slide release, causing it to slam home with a loud clack, making Blue jump in surprise.

I'll .. I'll go jam the radios...

Without another word, she quietly left and began to do something by the control console. A clatter rose his head as he saw the locket bounce on the concrete floor. Standing slowly, remembering to suppress the pain in his rear, Ethan walked silently over to the discarded necklace. Picking it up, he continued over to her seated position and softly placed his hand on her shoulder.

If the first one was destroyed...why did you pick such a gaudy replacement?

He smiled at her, chuckling softly...but goodness the new one was almost as ugly as the original!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

She didn't pay attention to him. How was she going to? How would she even justify such a thing. She didn't care that the locket sat on the ground. If she had anything to say about it she would be just fine never wearing the fucker again. Blue was, emotionally exhausted. The truth about John Rivers, now Ethan Kelly had taken it out on her, and now they were under attack, Ethan was mad at her, and .. she had never seen his eyes seem so cold.

Blue felt a hand on her shoulder, but she didn't look up. Not yet, she listened to him, as he asked her why she picked such a guady replacement. She could hear the laugher in his voice, but she didn't think he really meant it. She brushed her hair out of her face and began to mess with knobs on the console. The radio feed could be heard through a speaker on the left of the people that were talking back and forth trying to figure out what their next step would be with the lock downed apartment.

Because, the one you found for me, was that stupid gawdy thing, and.. it got destroyed and I guess I wanted to keep the memory.

She shrugged but she didn't look up. She couldn't see those eyes again, and they needed to figure out how they were going to get rid of his little friends so that they could head elsewhere. It might even be better, if they went out of town for a little bit. She had Elven relatives in Elyria. Her parents lived there, at the moment, they had two homes, one in Librium and one in Elyria, she was certain they wouldn't mind if they borrowed the house.

She looked at the outter perimeter and sighed softly.

There's your chance Kelly. Two idiots, coming to the back door, again, and, they don't seem too concerned that the idiots that were there before aren't now. So, go do your Commando thing, and I'll watch from here. Take the locket. I won't need it.

She didn't look at him. She knew that if she did he would probably see how much she was on the edge. On the edge of everything falling apart, from the inside out. But for now, she had a boyfriend to protect, a home to secure, and a plan to create where they would be able to get out of here. Luckily, she had a back exit, she just wasn't sure how far these guys were spread out. They would probably at least need the chopper to land someone, so they couldn't easily be followed, but she wasn't sure how long that would take. So she was ready to watch Ethan go back out there, and do his thing again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 am

She practically ignored him as he tried to relieve a bit of the tension...hell, she may have added to it. She simply gave him a curt remark about the old locket and didn't even look at him.

There's your chance Kelly. Two idiots, coming to the back door, again, and, they don't seem too concerned that the idiots that were there before aren't now. So, go do your Commando thing, and I'll watch from here. Take the locket. I won't need it.

He picked up her good hand and placed the locket there before closing her fingers.

Well, I need you to need it. Its the only way I'm physically connected to you out there. No arguments.

Placing his forehead softly on the side of hers, he kissed her hair softly, breathing in her scent. It had hints of the shampoo she used a couple of days ago...before all this happened. That was all that matter.

I promise I'll be back. We have the rest of our lives together in front of us.

He ran up the stairs, new freshly-cleaned pistol in hand. As he approached the two bodies in the hallway, he tossed them in to her 'junk' room. It basically had been his room before they had gotten together, and really didn't have much in the room of furnishings.

Two mannequins...so lifelike.

The morbid humor hit him and he smiled. The back door opened and he waited for it to close before making his move. The door clicked shut, and suddenly, Ethan was standing on top of the stairwell.

Gentlemen, welcome to my home. I would strongly recommend putting your weapons down, so as to avoid bloodshed.

The duo looked stunned, did he actually offer them surrender? Unheard of in this business. Their response was to fire at him with automatic rifles.

Shaking his head in dissatisfaction as they raised the weapons, Ethan tumbled over the rail to the couch and threw a knife directly through the skull of the attacker in front of him.

Wrong answer. His pistol was out in seconds, taking one kneecap and the wrist of the other. There was his prisoner. Mission Accomplished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:50 am

He put the locket in her hand and closed her fingers around it. She felt the tears well up then. She still wasn't going to wear it. She'd put it close, incase he needed the boost but there was no way she was going to be wearing it and risk what had happened, happening again. He put his head against hers, and she leaned into him, feeling his lips against her hair.

Why. Why was life so freaking unfair!? When they should be talking about their issues and working things out they were attacked. She was lucky that the doctor had been able to come in and set her hand and everything before all hell broke lose. She listened as he told her that they had their whole lives together in front of them. She wondered if he really believed that. If he really thought they would make it. She hoped so. She wanted that more than anything else in the world.

Better come back. she whispered and watched him go.

She put the locket down a foot away from her so in no way was it touching her. She watched on the screens as they waited for the two men to enter the building and when they did Ethan tried to distract them. Of course, they thought he was one little man, and they were two armed and dangerous men. They always forget that the ones that used to be 'them' were also dangerous. Ethan proved that was true when he jumped over the railings and shot them both, making sure they went down and were disarmed.

One, she noticed had a knife sticking out of his head....

Not cooking with that one anymore... she thought to herself as she watched everything happening. The guy on the floor was missing a large portion of his knee and his hand, blown off at the wrist. That had to hurt, she clicked on the mic so she could hear what was happening and she mentally connected with Albert who flew through the house and alighted close by to Ethan so that he could be there just incase something else was needed. Albert had his own special surprises, and he had tools within his cavities so, really, he could be quite useful to Ethan in this situation.

All Blue could do was watch and hope Ethan got what he needed and got back downstairs safely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 am

Punching the injured soldier unconscious without a thought, Ethan heard the fluttering of the metallic wings of Albert in the area. Smiling to himself, he winked at the metallic owl perched on the refrigerator. Without further comment, he disarmed the two men and grabbed the one still alive by his ballistic vest, dragging him towards the upstairs bathroom.

Time for you to give us some answers...but first...you need to wake up.

As the doors to the lair opened, Ethan casually tossed his prisoner down the stairs. The thuds were eventually crescendo to a sickening thud and a scream of pain. Ethan followed quickly to the bottom and smiled at Blue...who didn't seem all that amused.

This is our new guest baby...and he's gonna tell us everything we want to know.

I'm not telling you anything...traitorous dog!

The man spat at Ethan, blood and sputum flying through the air, only to fall short. He chuckled as he carried the man to the pantry and tossed him in.

I caught one...and he's feisty. I like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:12 am

Albert followed Ethan as he headed up the stairs. The strange little mechanical owl was in protector mode thanks to Blue anyway. If that guy did anything, he was sure to be there to help out in some small, bird-ish way. Blue heard the door to the bunker open and she heard the thunk thunk thunk and winced knowing it was likely the man's head.

Ethan came down with a screaming man and Blue worked herself up off her rolling stool. The locket was where she had left it as she took a few steps towards their new guest who was spewing comments and spitting at her boyfriend.

Gross.... what IS it about boys and flying fluids?

Ethan tossed the man into the pantry and told her that they had a pet and he was fiesty. She laughed softly and shook her head.

Lets call him Benji. she grinned.

She crossed over to the pantry and heard the man screaming from within, the problem was, that no one was going to hear him. The other problem was, that Ethan put him in the pantry and she had no idea how she was possibly going to get inside to get food later on. She was fairly certain the cabinet in the kitchen had a hefty Twinkie supply though. Luckily, that would work well for her and since Ethan was the one that had put the man in the pantry he could either eat Twinkies or be out of luck for the day.

So... what now? she asked him curiously as she leaned heavily on her cane. Not knowing where they were supposed to go from ehre. They had a jerk in the pantry, she just hoped he didn't get cheeky and piss all over their food. Most of it was dried and sealed, but still... gross. And talk about biohazard to the extreme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 pm

She smiled at his comment about their captive being feisty. She actually smiled! It was the best response he had gotten out of her since the whole thing got slightly more awkward than it had been before. Is this what normal people, civilians, had to deal with every day? Granted, technically, Ethan Kelly was a civilian now, as much as that thought scared him. There were no protocols, no regulations, no references for anything like this.

How the hell was Ethan supposed to know what to do?

Lets call him Benji.

A raised eyebrow and a smile met her grin, she was ridiculous. He guessed that was a reason he loved her...her simple look at life: so innocent, trusting. She was so different from him and she never treated him differently, or with any distrust. At least, not once they had found one another. Is that what a real relationship meant too? She barely batted an eye at his misdeeds on the file...whatever it was she saw before being shut out. Ethan supposed it was part of that too.

So... what now? She looked up at him with genuine interest, though her face did a poor job of hiding her fatigue. She favored her cane even now as she was standing still. That wasn't a good sign.

We wait a bit, give Benji some time to evaluate his situation. Realize he's got a couple options...none of which are beneficial to him. He will basically convince himself to talk to us. Its his best chance to make it out of this situation alive.

For you...miss can barely stand...you're going to bed. You need sleep. The apartment is locked up good. We have plenty of time. Rest.

Taking a few steps closer to her, he wrapped her thin body in his arms, hugging her tight.

I love you Blue. I want you to trust me...always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:49 pm

They wait.

Well, that didn't sound very fun. She supposed it was better than using Albert's implements to torture the poor soul. The less painful screaming in her ears, the better, they were half elven hears and far more sensitive than most humans. It seemed however, that he had noticed she was barely standing anymore under her own power. She wouldn't have been if it weren't for her cane. She smirked softly when he called her on it and said she needed rest.

Normally, she would fight him. But today, she knew, he was absolutely right.

She motioned for him to come closer, and bit her lower lip. Will you carry me?

He hoisted her up without even seeming to think about it and Blue tiredly snuggled into him. She had loved his scent from the first time she had woken up beside him. In that hospital room after he was shot. That was the first time she realized how calming he was for her. Which was strange because he tended to piss her off more often than not. Their bickering always had an aire of affection behind it though, it was not usually true fighting.

I do trust you. Blue whispered as he carried her into the bunk room and lay her down on the bed. She shifted so that he could pull her covers over the top of her. Her eyes were already getting heavy. Her hand laced in his. Just, lets not lie anymore. It doesn't make anything better.

She pursed her lips, asking silently for a kiss even though she could no longer open her eyes. When she felt his lips against hers, she smiled softly. He had no idea, no possible idea how much she loved him. What he meant to her. There was no way she could even put it into words. There weren't words that could describe such intense feelings.

Don't do anything dangerous or stupid. Albert is watching. she smiled warmly and passed out in seconds on the bed. Her body was in pain but she was too exhausted to care. She would get some pills when she woke up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am

Gingerly carrying her to a made bunk, Ethan smiled as Blue snuggled in to him. He always loved how she seemed to settle down and relax when she was being coddled in some way. It was almost like holding a small child...but he'd never tell her that. The implications of her being a child would raise a firestorm of unparallelled looks and anger. It didn't matter, he just enjoyed the moment.

I do trust you. He laid her down and tucked her in, their hands interlaced whilst he knelt by her bunkside, causing a fresh wave of fire to crawl across his ass from his wound. Just, lets not lie anymore. It doesn't make anything better.

I can never agree to things so definitive.

I agree based on the condition we can lie on the occasion of presents and romantic surprises.

He kissed her lips softly, feeling her smile beneath his kiss, making him do the same. The smiling kisses were always awkward...the thinned lips never worked right, but it was always a favorite of Ethan's. He had no idea why. But it didn't matter...it just made those moments more special.

Don't do anything dangerous or stupid. Albert is watching.

Chuckling, Ethan looked over his shoulder at the blue mechanical bird. He wasn't sure, but it almost seemed to give him a look. Shaking his head and rising from the bunk he slowly strode towards the control room.

So, Albert...you wanna help me pull buckshot from my ass?

The confused hoot the owl emitted nearly left Ethan on the floor in tears, laughing so hard his sides hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return (Ethan)   The Return (Ethan) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Return (Ethan)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next