Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Wish You Were Here Knightbutton Wish You Were Here Violettebutton Wish You Were Here Onyxbutton Wish You Were Here Azulebutton Wish You Were Here Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Wish You Were Here EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Wish You Were Here EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Wish You Were Here EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Wish You Were Here EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Wish You Were Here EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Wish You Were Here EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Wish You Were Here EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Wish You Were Here Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Wish You Were Here Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Wish You Were Here Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Wish You Were Here

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 pm

It's time I brought back my psuedo-bad character, and I don't mean Lance. I introduced an artist that could affect reality...and then he just kind of went on vacation. Now he/she's back.

Participants will receive a post card in the mail with the message "Wish You Were Here." In true Explosive Runes style, reading the card whisks the character to the setting of this plot: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mivhs/images/vbgmainwestside1950s.jpg . I don't want to go into too much detail right now but I think you guys will have fun. Let me know if you're interested. Due to the magic of the post cards, anyone from any city can be involved.
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:26 am

well so long as it's not daytime when she gets wisked through Iris would be all over this
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:39 pm

I anticipated your 'skin condition'.
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am

I would like to participate. It sounds fun!
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 am

Count me in Azule-san
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Okay, you've piqued my curiosity... I'm game.
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Iris will no longer be participating in this
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 pm

If you wish to join later Iris, you most certainly can. This isn't a plot that you have to be present in the first round.
Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 pm

The thread has officially started. It is called The Monster is on Maple Street after a Twilight Zone episode of a similar name.

As I stated before, participants are introduced to the story after receiving a postcard in their mail. The only message on it is "Wish You Were Here" and their is no sender information. Each card has a teleportation enchantment that is triggered when the message is read. The reader is whooshed away (yes, that is the technical phrase) to a bus stop in a 1940s/1950s styled town. Should you choose to read the postcard again, the message will now read "The way in is the way out." Since you only have a postcard, there isn't room for a whole lot of detail and the author is trying to be cryptic anyway.

Dean Jones, my NPC, has already painted a minor layout of the town. The postcard depicts the town's Main Street. All the cars are on the street, but there is no sign of their owners in any of the shops. The only beings are the players and the mysterious stalker introduced in my post. There are cul-de-sacs at each corner of Main Street named after various species of trees: Maple, Beech, Oak, and Pine going clockwise from the town's northwest. Just before Beech Street is the town hall. Across the street is a chapel. Mom and Pop shops/restaurants are in front of the others and are up to the players to name if they wish. Behind Hill's Drugs (as seen in the postcard) is a large pond and gazebo.

Players may notice that the town just has this off-quality to it. It is sterile and yet looks as though someone tried to age it, like a counterfeit. I will go into more detail as everyone starts exploring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wish You Were Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish You Were Here   Wish You Were Here Empty

Back to top Go down

Wish You Were Here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Renaissance :: The Playground :: Plotting Board :: Active Plot Threads-
Jump to: